LGP Prepares For Massive 24-Hour Linux Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kano View Post
    A very easy way would be creating for example a shop inside amazon. Then the money transfer would be also save enough. I don't think that website encourages to buy linux games. The default prices are way too high for such old games, also a price should be in ? - like most europeans use not the currency that only 1 country with high inflation rate uses.
    indeed. USD and Euro are the international currencies, im sure it wouldn't hurt to bench prices on such standards just like every other store.

LGP does have a good wob of games. even if most of them cant match up to the loki counterparts, they should still sell. The presentation is downright awful and the sale prices are what half of these games should have been sold at to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by korpenkraxar View Post
      Thanks a bunch! If this was common knowledge around here, what heroes you guys are sharing it with your fellows something like 18 or more hours into the 24 hour sale and more than day after the announcement here at Phoronix...

... oh, well, sorry. I am being unfair and had it not been for this info I had known nothing about this. You are not to blame here really, its all LGP.
      It has been mentioned before today here.

Comment

Son of beetch! */cortez*

I missed it!?

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
          Still more professional than having an obviously insecure pay-site isn't it?
          Wait, so this was a scam?!

Comment

Originally posted by numasan View Post
            Wait, so this was a scam?!
            No the sale was real, unfortunately LGP's lack of security is also real.

Comment

Thanks LGP for the sale. I've been meaning to get X3 for a while and you just gave me a good excuse for the wife . Looking forward to the game.

Comment

Security issues, how nice...
                well i tried to order some games with my cash card but the system wouldnt accept the card

Comment

I got my two games Cold War and Jets n Guns a few days ago. Both seems pretty nice but I have not had time to try them out.

Oh, and I also got my new credit card to replace the "tainted" one...

Comment

I bought Sacred about a week before this sale was announced, so while I didn't get the game at the sale price, I am happy that I bought a Linux title to support LGP. On the plus side, I snagged a copy of Cold War during the sale and it finally arrived yesterday. I am having tons of fun playing my new Linux games, but I wish I knew beforehand about the security issues with LGP's site. Now I have to watch my on-line credit statements like a hawk, just in case...

Comment

Working...
                    X