Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Support for kernel 2.6.29?

Quote Originally Posted by energyman View Post
    why? is there someone forcing you the latest kernels? Or is it just a bad case of versionitis?
    I think they should support a new kernel as soon as it is stable. They have to do it anyway sooner or later. Why not just do it sooner? When there is a newer kernel I want to use it, there is no good reason except that I want to use the latest kernel without using unofficial patches. If people can make their own patches for newer kernels it should be very easy for AMD devs to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by sobkas View Post
    What integer?
    You are talking about "int pci_out;"?
    Not really, I just like this way of writing functions(debugging and all).
    Fair enough, I guess I was just being a prick. Nice work. (Another question, could this also be done with an inline function? I never got to test since I didn't get my sources to compile. Will try again later in a week)

Quote Originally Posted by nanonyme View Post
    Nice work. (Another question, could this also be done with an inline function? I never got to test since I didn't get my sources to compile. Will try again later in a week)
    Inline is used to insert body of the function in place where it's called to reduce amount of jumps(more or less).
    It would be really hard to do it within a pre-compiled binary.

BTW. If there is no pressing need I allow compiler to choose whatever to inline or not a function.

In order to run fglrx i had to patch the kernel:

Code:
    diff --git a/arch/x86/mm/tlb.c b/arch/x86/mm/tlb.c
    index 61ddfa0..3d26c0b 100644
    --- a/arch/x86/mm/tlb.c
    +++ b/arch/x86/mm/tlb.c
    @@ -279,6 +279,7 @@ void flush_tlb_page(struct vm_area_struct *vma, unsigned long va)

preempt_enable();
     }
    +EXPORT_SYMBOL(flush_tlb_page);

static void do_flush_tlb_all(void *info)
     {
    if somebody knows a better solution let me know. I still get errors in dmesg - 2 on start of any 3d app, 1 on close. Like:

Code:
    [fglrx:firegl_find_any_map] *ERROR* Invalid map handle!<3>[fglrx:drm_vm_open] *ERROR* map not found -> inconsistent kernel data!!! vma_start:0xadbce000,handle:0xebcba000
    No idea how to fix that.
    Last edited by Kano; 05-11-2009 at 08:27 AM.

ugh I need some help here, downgrading my kernel/xorg just leaves me with a broken archbox (lots of broken dependencies).

Also my worst problem right now is that my fans are constantly spinning at full speed (cant regulate - sony vaio here), yes i'm talking about the GPU fan. Also running any video in full screen with vlc/mplayer crashes my entire computer, have to shutdown usin the power button

Any ideas?

Linux archbox 2.6.29-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Apr 29 15:36:46 CEST 2009 x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8400 @ 2.26GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

I can not help you with arch, but you could get a new Kanotix snapshot if you like

Quote Originally Posted by greenfish View Post
    ugh I need some help here, downgrading my kernel/xorg just leaves me with a broken archbox (lots of broken dependencies).

Also my worst problem right now is that my fans are constantly spinning at full speed (cant regulate - sony vaio here), yes i'm talking about the GPU fan. Also running any video in full screen with vlc/mplayer crashes my entire computer, have to shutdown usin the power button

Any ideas?

Linux archbox 2.6.29-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Apr 29 15:36:46 CEST 2009 x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8400 @ 2.26GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
    Search in the Dark.
    There was a solution for your problem.
    No more fix is needet.
    Only find the right key.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    Search in the Dark.
    There was a solution for your problem.
    No more fix is needet.
    Only find the right key.
    um what?

Catalyst 9.5 still makes my fans spin like crazy all the time, still lag, still freezing etc

Quote Originally Posted by greenfish View Post
    um what?

Catalyst 9.5 still makes my fans spin like crazy all the time, still lag, still freezing etc
    "um what?"

some people have 9-6/9-7 betas.. and patch for the 2.6.30 kernel...

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    "um what?"

some people have 9-6/9-7 betas.. and patch for the 2.6.30 kernel...
    Can you confirm the 9.6 driver will support 2.6.29?