Help building latest radeon driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    Does putting the GPU back to full speed help with those pages ? Probably not the problem but easy to check...
    Already checked that, but did not help. Next time I find a slow site I'll post it so you can do some tests.

Comment

Originally posted by glock24 View Post
      Already checked that, but did not help. Next time I find a slow site I'll post it so you can do some tests.
      It's probably using EXANoDownloadFromScreen that causes it, I have an AGP card and DFS is disables to avoid corruption and as a result some web pages are slow and even an open seamonkey newsgroup thread (I guess because it has lots of dots linking the posts) loads up my CPU way too much - libc memcpy.

I'll have to open a new bug as I only reported as a comment in an different bug.

For me trying to scroll quickly with the scroll bar a non flash page like -

Download RedButton MHEG Engine for free. DSM-CC carousel client and MHEG-5 engine

chokes up, just switching metacity desktops to and from that page is way too slow.

Comment

Originally posted by legume View Post
        For me trying to scroll quickly with the scroll bar a non flash page like -

Download RedButton MHEG Engine for free. DSM-CC carousel client and MHEG-5 engine

chokes up, just switching metacity desktops to and from that page is way too slow.
        That link did not feel slow at all, but this here does:

Xoilac là trang web hoàn hảo để xem bóng đá và xem video trực tiếp độ phân giải cao. Đặc biệt, không có bất cứ quảng cáo xuất hiện trên Xoilac, vì vậy người xem vẫn thoải mái thưởng thức trận bóng đá mà không lo bị quấy rầy bởi quảng cáo. Ngoài ra, với đội ngũ nhiều chuyên môn, những dự báo chuẩn xác cho từng trận đấu bóng đá liên tục được tung ra. Sẽ lưu lại dấu ấn sâu đậm trong tâm trí người xem với màu sắc sinh động, âm thanh chân thực và cuốn hút trên Xoilac.

Comment

That link did not feel slow at all, but this here does:

http://www.foxconnchannel.com/produc...pset=Intel+G31
          Ah, we may be seeing different issues than. That page is OK for me, though the webserver was really slow so it took ages to load all the images, the page once loaded did not eat loads of CPU when switching away and back.

Comment

On the good side, I can report that suspend seems to work without problems. With fglrx it works from time to time, as some times it locks up instead of resuming from sleep.

Comment

The other thing I have noticed is that, sometimes when shutting down X the screen looks funny, as if it was melting from within, but does not cause a lockup. It is hard to describe what looks like, next time it happens I'll try to take a picture.

Comment

The other thing I have noticed is that, sometimes when shutting down X the screen looks funny, as if it was melting from within, but does not cause a lockup. It is hard to describe what looks like, next time it happens I'll try to take a picture.
                That's a feature (random shutdown desktop effects), not a bug.

Comment

Well, I changed "EXANoDownloadFromScreen" to "off" and the link I posted earlier is still slow, but does not bring firefox down to its knees, so maybe legume was right about that.

I am also seeing background image corruption in some websites using firefox, no matter what "EXANoDownloadFromScreen" is set to. When scrolling, I get a repeating ghosted color/pattern or image. One such site is this:

Thank you for visiting the TechnologyGuide network. Unfortunately, these forums are no longer active. We extend a heartfelt thank you to the entire community for their steadfast support—it is really you, our readers, that drove

Here I see light blue color lines appearing in the background while scrolling, and the thickness of the lines depends on the scrolling speed. Also, the background image is not visible. In konqueror everything seems right, but scrolling is slow.

Comment

I used to get that on my mobility radeon x700 a few years ago with the radeon driver. It scared the crap out of me the first time... what causes something like that?

Comment

One theory is that the GPU has stopped driving the panel and so all the LCD crystals are slowly returning to a random state.
                      Test signature

Comment

Working...
                      X