Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Quake Wars Pre Order

Default Quake Wars Pre Order

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=646561

Did you pre-order?

Reserved a copy already for Phoronix testing.

This game should be on anyone's list who cares the slightest about 3D and/or gaming on Linux. I may buy two copies .

I'll wait for UT2007 personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Synergy6 View Post
    I'll wait for UT2007 personally.
    For some reason I'm not all that keen on ut2k7. I think quake wars looks more fun, provided they worry a bit more about game play than just graphics. Either way, it will all pan out in the wash.

Default Linux Client

has there been Solid confirmation that there will be a Linux Client? Or Will this be another Prey?

Even though I am confident there will be. just want to make sure Are they including the installer on the CD/DVD or will it be another download?

Quote Originally Posted by smp-freak View Post
    has there been Solid confirmation that there will be a Linux Client? Or Will this be another Prey?

Even though I am confident there will be. just want to make sure Are they including the installer on the CD/DVD or will it be another download?
    It's confirmation. I don't know if it will be a download or not.

Considered the popularity of ET. It's likely there will be Linux client eventually as many of the ET players (in Linux) will want to move on to ET:QW.

Well a Splash Damage guy said in an interview that they are working on it but that it will be released as a download some time after the retail release. i already preordered and i don't really mind playing on XP until the linux client gets released personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=646561

Did you pre-order?

Reserved a copy already for Phoronix testing.
    Gotta wait until the first check from my new consulting gig gets in, but yeah... And, I've finally got a laptop with enough ooomph to actually PLAY it with... (Well, it's the reason I'm a little short on budget- needed to buy it to do the new gig in the first place... >:-) )

Quote Originally Posted by Svartalf View Post
    Gotta wait until the first check from my new consulting gig gets in, but yeah... And, I've finally got a laptop with enough ooomph to actually PLAY it with... (Well, it's the reason I'm a little short on budget- needed to buy it to do the new gig in the first place... >:-) )
    Good luck on your new consulting work.