No announcement yet.

Shadowgrounds: Survivor Is Still M.I.A.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadowgrounds: Survivor Is Still M.I.A.

Phoronix: Shadowgrounds: Survivor Is Still M.I.A.

Well over a year ago we shared that two new PC action games were being ported to Linux. These games were Shadowgrounds and Shadowgrounds: Survivor, but throughout 2008 updates on the Linux clients status were bleak...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Non Violent High Quality Linux Games?

Guys, a bit off-topic, so sorry for that. But let mes ask.

Linux games "Top Ten" type of articles/reviews mostly focus on FPS. Is there a good place to search for high quality (both free software and proprietary) Linux games for little kids? (I'd say, ages 2 through 10 or so). I know some of them, like Secret Maryo Chronicles, Super Tux, and such, but I failed to find a good place to keep track of things, because there are so many half baked, version 0.0.0.1/2 games out there ... and so much of a focus on shooter type games.

Oh well, thanks for any pointers!

Comment

if you look in the package repository for your distro, it should contain a number of games- and if you want strictly kids games, look at the educational sections- KDE has a very nice selection of education apps including games.
      You can also check out the linux game tome: http://www.happypenguin.org/

Comment

Thanks, Dashcloud! Yes, I do look in synaptic/adept, and there are literally dozens, maybe hundreds of agmes, and really a few are top notch. Same with happy penguin, it's been around for years, but there is too much content, most of which are really 80's looking games

I was looking for something like this:

But with a focus in non-violent content (there are a couple gems in that blog).

Maybe if a place like playdeb (when it goes live) sorts things by popularity, that sort of thing would make sense

Oh well, thanks!

Comment

Any news on this game?

Comment

You should have checked the LGP page. It's gone gold and will be available in around 2-3 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by MAXX View Post
              You should have checked the LGP page. It's gone gold and will be available in around 2-3 weeks.
              Apparently i should have. I guess i rely to much on this site for updates :P Thhough i am on the mailing list and dont think i got a mail about it.
              Thx for the info

Comment

I got one. :P

We are extremely please to announce that Shadowgrounds Survivor from Igios is now GOLD. It has gone to replication and will be available in around 2-3 weeks. Survivor will be available both as a boxed product everywhere, and as a downloadable and rentable game from our download partners.

This message was sent from the Linux Game Publishing mailing list server. To change your mailing list preferences, please click here
                Last edited by MAXX; 24 August 2009, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X