DKMS Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DKMS Problem

On a system with ATI HD3300 integrated motherboard graphics, I've been running linux with a custom 2.6.28.9 kernel, and the ATI Catalyst 9.4 proprietary drivers (module fglrx.ko). The ATI driver installs fine and everything works fine with this kernel.

Now I'm trying to upgrade to latest kernel 2.6.30-rc3, which has some non-graphics-related features I want. The 2.6.30-rc3 kernel compile and install works fine, and I'm able to start the system with the 2.6.30-rc3 kernel in recovery (non-graphics) mode. When I attempt to build and install the ATI fglrx.ko module for this new kernel, I get:

Error! Could not locate fglrx.ko for module fglrx in the DKMS tree.
    You must run a dkms build for kernel 2.6.30-rc3 first.

and the build is unsuccessful. Apologies I'm not very familiar with
    DKMS - what do I need to do to build ATI fglrx.ko for my new kernel?

RE: DKMS Problem

Further to .....

I resolved the DKMS problem as described in my original post, by doing a dkms remove for the 2.6.28 version of the fglrx module. But the subsequent dkms build for the 2.6.30 kernel fails with (many) compile errors. Can someone tell me the *latest* version of the kernel that Catalyst 9.4 (fglrx-8.602) will compile successfully for?

Comment

Newest kernel for 9.4: 2.6.28... At least when I searched for it on phoronix thats the last that I could find... but how did you get fglrx dkms??? cause that's what I want to know

Comment

Working...
      X