FGLRX hack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FGLRX hack?

I read on Ubuntu forums that the latest 2 fglrx drivers can be hacked together (along with some id rewrites) to work on Ubuntu 9.04 for "unsupported" cards. Any truth to this? The person said he got it from some Kano guy on Phoronix forums but I can't find anything...

I'd love to get 3D working again without a complete reinstall..
    Last edited by Almindor; 28 April 2009, 09:44 AM.

Kanotix uses Ubuntu kernels adapted by Kano for his distro, he has for the last few years been successful in providing "fixs" for both Nvidia and ATI proprietary drivers (where no-one else had) however things are in a constant flux, if you want Ubuntu gnome then perhaps you should accept the limitations that come with it. Myself I like kanotix because it just works with both ATI, NVIDIA and Intel. I have
    all three and have not ever had freezes or issues that required a patch or settings adjustment. If you try his drivers on Ubuntu do not expect support, they are as is and may need option switches to
    work correctly under ubuntu. I know they will work as i have tested the ATI on my machine. I recommend you at least try his distro as a livecd as it works great for testing hardware and of course the internet.

Comment

I posted at ubuntuforums about this... i edited in my devid and replaced the control for an x1200 mobility and it did not work. I tried several different x configs to no avail. Toshiba satellite A215-S4757. Produced a corrupted ubuntu logo on the left and right side of the screen.

Comment

Working...
      X