Eschalon not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eschalon not working

Hello, I'm stuck with the radeon driver on Ubuntu 9.04 now because of the AMD f-up with fglrx (I got a Mobility X1600) and even basic gl games like Eschalon don't work right. This is a 2D game using GL 1.3 at most from what I understand, but the whole GL part of the window just flickers like hell. Any ideas? Perhaps there's some options I could try...

Originally posted by Almindor View Post
    but the whole GL part of the window just flickers like hell. Any ideas? Perhaps there's some options I could try...
    If you desktop uses composite or desktop effects you need to turn them off.

Comment

Originally posted by legume View Post
      If you desktop uses composite or desktop effects you need to turn them off.

Nothing like that. I'm on xfce 4.6 with compositor turned off and other GL stuff works "fine" (e.g: xmoto, GL1.5+ and shader stuff is obviously broken). No idea why eschalon has this problem

Comment

Originally posted by Almindor View Post
        Nothing like that. I'm on xfce 4.6 with compositor turned off and other GL stuff works "fine" (e.g: xmoto, GL1.5+ and shader stuff is obviously broken). No idea why eschalon has this problem
        I am not sure then. I never tried eschalon when I had an X1600 so don't know if it ever worked. Quake 3 demo, Enemy Territory (wolfenstein), openarena, urbanterror and nexuiz were Ok, but then my X1600 wasn't mobility.

Comment

Working...
        X