Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Unigine Project Will Work On Linux

Phoronix: New Unigine Project Will Work On Linux

Unigine Corp has done a phenomenal job with its multi-platform game engine in delivering a new level of OpenGL realism to Linux users -- albeit it can tax your hardware quite a bit. Last year's engine was amazing, but as we shared last week, they are working on a host of new features, including but not limited to multiplayer and physics support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wow. speechless.

Comment

Woohoo! I hope it's an action/fps/rpg game!

I would love to blow stuff up with those graphics

I can't wait, I am definitely gonna buy this game if it looks that good!

Comment

Is this a complete game or just the engine? The screenshots make it look like its an egine that can be used for either a car raching game or a FPS or even 3D role playing game.

Still mostly looks like an engine, and by reading it, sounds like they will give you complete stuff to work with if you want to use it as the base to develop a game engine.

None the less, if game/s get released on this engine I will be very optimistic to buy this game just because they will be supporting gaming on linux.

Comment

From the sounds of what I have heard from Unigine, it will be a game, but not too much in the way of game-play. But their partners on the other hand, should have a few interesting things in the works
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

**** those are amazing graphics! Is this game going to be free or purchasable? Because I'd definitely be willing to purchase a game like that(aside from graphics, game-play has to be reasonably fun though).

Comment

Does anyone knows what happended to Afterfall? Afterfall.pl seems to be erm..lost..

Afterfall Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD8IEIwYqrU

Comment

New Unigine Project Will Work On Linux

New Unigine Project Will Work On Linux

Unigine Corp has done a phenomenal job with its multi-platform game engine in delivering a new level of OpenGL realism to Linux users -- albeit it can tax your hardware quite a bit. Last year's engine was amazing, but as we shared last week, they are working on a host of new features, including but not limited to multiplayer and physics support...

Comment

Thank you for the feedback! We hope that this project will increase attractiveness of Linux as a gaming platform a little.

Comment

Originally posted by rettichschnidi View Post
                    Does anyone knows what happended to Afterfall? Afterfall.pl seems to be erm..lost..

Afterfall Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD8IEIwYqrU
                    They are struggling financial problems, but the project moves on, as far as I know.

Comment

Working...
                    X