Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No love for Mandy ?

Hi all,
    I've been lurking here for awhile figured I'd finally take the time to register. This is truly a fine site!

I thought I'd chime in here and say despite Mandriva's recent ups and downs, it's still a fine distro.
    2007.0 is very stable, dependable and fast.
    2007.1 Spring is due to be released in April and is shaping up quite nicely. It will quite possibly be the best version since 10.2 imo.

So far in my limited exposure to Linux I've found I really don't have anything bad to say about any distribution.. I guess the most positive impressions comes from those that just work for you right out of the box or at least with minimal effort
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
    Ben Franklin 1755

At first I thought this was a spam thread with "love for Mandy" that got by the spam filter but anyways glad to see more people on here in support of Mandriva. Welcome to the forums.

Personally I think Mandriva has lost some of its charm since the Mandrake days, but 2007 has been fairly interesting with its customizations.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      At first I thought this was a spam thread with "love for Mandy" that got by the spam filter but anyways glad to see more people on here in support of Mandriva. Welcome to the forums.

Personally I think Mandriva has lost some of its charm since the Mandrake days, but 2007 has been fairly interesting with its customizations.
      Haha I guess my choice of titles could be mis-leading and Thanks for the welcome!

Your right a lot of luster has gone since the old days.. even though I just started using Linux a couple years back with Mandrake 10.0 I have noticed how much the cutbacks have limited the dev teams.. they simply are undermanned and the distro suffers a bit at the initial release... it's not quite as polished.. ie the customizations are nice but more bugs seem to get shipped as well.

Here's one example .
      Since Mandriva is a French based company I specifically chose the word blas? to elicit a response and it worked
      Sorry in advance if dropping your name offended you ... again mentioning you and PLF were both also calculated towards getting an acknowledgment of any kind ...

Despite things like that Mandriva is still my Linux of choice... for now. At the end of my Silver membership that may change.. I have not tried Fedora core since beta 3 ... I'm also curious to see what develops out of
      Ubuntu's and Linspire's collaboration.. I can't find the thread right now but one bit about not duplicating
      their efforts stuck with me.. It left me with the impression that Ubuntu will concentrate on Gnome and Linspire KDE... so it will be interesting how Kubuntu will look in the future or if it has one... perhaps it will wind up that Ubuntu users can install Linspire's kde desktop and vice versa .
      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
      Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

Working...
      X