Xpress 200M problems... again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bobber76 View Post
    Please, can you post a step-by-step instructions for this?
    Thanks!
    I already did this in the post 4. If you need the link for downloading, it is here: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mes...ewrite.tar.bz2.
    Unpack it, cd to mesa-radeon-rewrite and go through the stages 2-4 mentioned in the post 4. This will work for Ubuntu. If you have another distro check --prefix (it might be different).
    Be prepared to reinstall mesa packages in Synaptic if you crash your system.

Comment

Originally posted by sergus View Post
      I already did this in the post 4. If you need the link for downloading, it is here: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mes...ewrite.tar.bz2.
      Unpack it, cd to mesa-radeon-rewrite and go through the stages 2-4 mentioned in the post 4. This will work for Ubuntu. If you have another distro check --prefix (it might be different).
      Thanks!

I'll give it a try. Now.

Comment

Originally posted by sergus View Post
        Thanks!

Do I need any special thinks to do this? I get this error, when try the first step:
        Code:
        bobber@bobber-laptop:~/Asztal/mesa-radeon-rewrite$ sudo ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr
        ./autogen.sh: 16: autoreconf: not found

Comment

Thanks! Do i need any special things to do this?

I get this error message after the first step:
          Code:
          bobber@bobber-laptop:~/Asztal/mesa-radeon-rewrite$ sudo ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr
          ./autogen.sh: 16: autoreconf: not found
          Never mind... I've solved that... But i have a new error, and i can't resolve:

checking for DRIGL... configure: error: Package requirements (x11 xext xxf86vm xdamage xfixes) were not met:

No package 'xxf86vm' found
          No package 'xdamage' found
          Last edited by Bobber76; 29 April 2009, 02:31 PM.

Comment

I can' find the packages above. Maybe i have to add a new repository? Or these are part of another package?

Comment

Sorry, I forgot about this. You have to install autoconf and satisfy all dependencies for mesa compilation:
              1) sudo apt-get install autoconf;
              2) sudo apt-get build-dep mesa;
              Then try: ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr. Autoconf will show you any other libraries you need - install them in Synaptic. For example, if you need xt, search for 'xt' and install libxt-dev and so on.

Comment

did it manually, but works Now I'm compiling new mesa... I hope, it will work. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Okay.

Compiled with some errors, installed with some errors. Works, but nothing has changed. Still got 300-330fps in glxgears (got 1200-1300 with fglrx under 8.10)... Maybe I did it wrong?

Comment

You can not compile with errors. If you have errors your new mesa libraries are not installed. Check your ./mesa-radeon-rewrite/lib directory. You must see a lot of libraries there. During the installation they will replace the old Mesa stuff (for example, in /usr/lib/dri).

Comment

I feel myself so stupid... Where I have to find ./mesa-radeon-rewrite directory? If where i unpack the tar, then i can only find these in the /mesa-radeon-rewrite/lib:

i810_dri.so
                      libGL.so
                      libGL.so.1
                      libGL.so.1.2

nothing else...

Comment

Working...
                      X