Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fglrx 9.4 causes Xorg crash

Hello folks,

Recently (today) upgraded Xorg to the latest in Debian/Sid (7.4/1.6.1 i believe), and upgraded also the fglrx driver to 9.4. Unfortunately, now, Xorg won't start anymore. If started, I see my screen flicker once, then stay eternally black. SSH works, I can get on the box. Here's what's in my dmesg:

Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

Anyone any idea what I can do to try to fix this?

Recent radeonhd git pull won't compile currently against Xorg 1.6, so I'm fsck'ed there too.

I've also got similar problem but with 1.5.3 server and catalyst < 8.12.
    I've managed to enter my desktop putting Option "noDRI" "true" in Device section, but performance is very low meybe someone has solution???

Comment

Dude I have beent trying to get Freakin Linux and ATI to work for over a month now. 4870X2 and latest Ubuntu, Fedora, Suse and used 9.4 driver. Its crap

Comment

@devilkin

thats due to the used kernel 2.6.29 patch, with 2.6.28 kernel there are no errors, the xserver does not matter.

Comment

uh ok for Linux Noobs what would I need to do?

Comment

You have got a different issue. The kernel is definitely no problem with U 9.04, as you only can use the default or the 9-4 fglrx driver you have to wait for next release. With another distro, for example mine, you could try older fglrx drivers too.

Comment

I am probably going to stick with Fedora 11 which is due in 12 days...
              Any ideas on how not to screw up my system but have 3d with my 4870x2?

Comment

A distro with Xserver 1.6 will not allow you to use older drivers. You need Xserver 1.5 or older (like Lenny with 1.4.2) to try older drivers or a newer driver.

Comment

I want to try the new stuff so old drivers or distros are irrelevant...

Comment

So will ATI 9.5 fix this?

Comment

Working...
                    X