No announcement yet.

AMD Pushes Out New R600/700 3D Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which branch did you build ? Richard's latest push in 6xx-rewrite was just work-in-progress, still a bit more to do before it runs.

We're trying to keep the ported code visible even if it's not actually making triangles yet.
    Test signature

Comment

Yeah I'm using r6xx-rewrite now. I guess I have to wait a little longer...

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
        Which branch did you build ? Richard's latest push in 6xx-rewrite was just work-in-progress, still a bit more to do before it runs.

We're trying to keep the ported code visible even if it's not actually making triangles yet.
        No sweat imo, it was already nice to see the rewrite effort going somewhere.

Comment

RE: Radeonhd
          Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
          Now now, of course people should care. It's just not an imminent matter and can be safely ignored for the time being. (maybe even for years)
          One good thing about radeonhd is that it allows output of sound over hdmi. Radeon-ati doesn't do that, or at least I haven't easily figured out how to make it work. As catalyst is not working with the 2.6.29 kernel (without patching), radeonhd is an option unless 3D acceleration is required.

Comment

Originally posted by forum1793 View Post
            RE: Radeonhd

One good thing about radeonhd is that it allows output of sound over hdmi. Radeon-ati doesn't do that, or at least I haven't easily figured out how to make it work. As catalyst is not working with the 2.6.29 kernel (without patching), radeonhd is an option unless 3D acceleration is required.
            It only doesn't do that because no one has yet had spare time to port the functionality over afaik. Iirc someone said it wouldn't be a big task but quite frankly I understand if it atm isn't a priority. I'm confident it will eventually happen. (in the meantime your argument is valid)

Comment

Just a note so I get this written down somewhere: anyone else getting their num lock, caps lock and scroll lock lights blinked randomly on and off with the r6xx-r7xx-3d DRM? Happens for me, I only get rid of it by rebooting.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post

Also that same macro seems to be defined in r300_fragprog.h but seems to be missing from r700_fragprog.h altogether. (Or am I missing something?)

Comment

Originally posted by monraaf View Post
                  Anyone success with the latest commit? I had to disable gallium to get it to build. But running glxinfo now gives me:

Code:
                  Fatal error in __driConfigOptions line 284, column 0: illegal default value: DRI_CONF_FP_OPTIMIZATION_SPEED
                  Aborted
                  Having played around with things a bit last night, I suspect you did the same mistake I did. Are you sure you told it --with-dri-drivers=radeon,r600? Since when I did that, I ran into compiling problems that I could only solve by combining some parts from agd5f's DRM with modesetting-gem libdrm. (I don't describe here exactly what I did nor do I recommend it because the end result was a lockup in starting X)
                  Edit: As in, I found out that not only should it not work, it also should not compile.
                  Last edited by nanonyme; 18 May 2009, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Unfortunately can't edit my previous message anymore: the mixup with libdrm was my own fault. Solved in a fresh installation.

Comment

Yeah, I got glxinfo running:

Code:
                      OpenGL vendor string: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
                      OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI R600 20090101 x86/MMX+/3DNow!+/SSE2 TCL
                      OpenGL version string: 1.4 Mesa 7.5-devel
                      For some reason the preprocessor didn't replace DRI_CONF_FP_OPTIMIZATION_SPEED with what it's defined to be, so I just replaced it myself with 0.
                      Also I had to add my chip id to radeon_set_screen_flags(). Note to AMD: 0x9610 is also an RS780!

glxgears now locks up the X server after printing some numbers related to pixel and vertex shaders .

Comment

Working...
                      X