Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artifacts with Catalyst 9.4 x86_64

Hi,

I upgraded to 9.4 with architecture x86_64 just yesterday. I noticed some artifacts with XFCE 4.6 and Firefox 3.0.8. When I click "Log Out" and the small window appears with the choices to restart, shut-down on the screen I have some small horizontal short black lines spreaded on the screen. Inside firefox I get some portion of the page with black background that disappears if I scroll the page up and down.

Have you noticed such artifacts?

I have some artifacts too, exactly the same as you described.

Config : hd3200, Ubuntu 9.04 (Gnome), catalyst from Ubuntu or catalyst 9.4 from ati.

Comment

I have some black artifact with Quake-wars (native) and wine game such as insurgency.

Comment

Originally posted by tball View Post
        I have some black artifact with Quake-wars (native) and wine game such as insurgency.

Do you phronix guy experienced such artifacts with 9.4 with a x86_64 architecture?

Comment

Actually I think I've seen this too, where portions of the page in Firefox will go black. It's not limited to Firefox. I think I've seen it happen with gEdit as well. This wasn't limited to ATI, as it happened with nVidia as well, same system. nVidia 180 drivers, 7900GT. ATI 9.4, HD4770.

Not sure how to reproduce it exactly, I'll keep my eye out for it. Very random.

edit: causing that part of the display to update with scrolling or highlighting text would correct the issue.

edit2: oh, I'm running Ubuntu 9.04 AMD64 (x86_64) as well.
          Last edited by lem79; 05 May 2009, 09:08 PM. Reason: add info, x86_64

Comment

Originally posted by lem79 View Post
            edit2: oh, I'm running Ubuntu 9.04 AMD64 (x86_64) as well.
            Yes, it occurs only with the x86_64 architecture. I know for sure because I was running a 32 bit environment before and those artifacts weren't occurring.

Comment

I get this all the time. Right from the kdm login screen.

Comment

Can someone set the AccelMethod to xaa instead of exa and see if the flicker disappears?

Comment

Originally posted by rdr78 View Post
                  I get this all the time. Right from the kdm login screen.
                  What of the new Catalyst 9.5? Did anynone still experience the flickering? I haven't tried yet.

Comment

Originally posted by colossus73 View Post
                    What of the new Catalyst 9.5? Did anynone still experience the flickering? I haven't tried yet.
                    There is no change. It's the same for me..

I don't have access to the hardware right now.. so I can't try out the exa/xaa part. Can someone verify?

Comment

Working...
                    X