No announcement yet.

Initial R6xx/R7xx 3D Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The drm part might get changed a bit, but probably not much. My drm tree is known to work with 2.6.27 and 2.6.28, so if you want to play with this stuff use one of those kernels for now.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
      The drm part might get changed a bit, but probably not much. My drm tree is known to work with 2.6.27 and 2.6.28, so if you want to play with this stuff use one of those kernels for now.
      Hm, I'm playing with git HEAD here (2.6.30-rc). Will give 2.6.28 a try.

edit: same errors with 2.6.28.9
      Last edited by PuckPoltergeist; 29 April 2009, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Hold on, you guys are talking about completely different things here.

PuckPoltergeist, my earlier post applies to the problem you reported; there's probably something wrong in code which will get replaced over the next week or so, so we're not planning to troubleshoot the existing tree yet.

Nanonyme, agd5f's post applies to you (re: problems getting the drm to run at all). I *think* the 6xx-rewrite mesa branch will use different code paths in the existing drm tree, so to some extent the same "wait until we get the code running in 6xx-rewrite" applies.
        Test signature

Comment

I hade a little hopa that downgrading the kernel will fix my problem too, since I've had to patch the drm-code to work with the latest kernel.

Comment

Right, managed to try it on 2.6.27. Works similar to the screenshots for a short time (read: several seconds) after which it locked X for me. When I tried to use magic sysrq to kill X, kernel hardlocked. Figures.
            I guess I'll just have to wait a bit still. ^^

Comment

Working...
            X