X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd rather not get into that, if you don't mind
    Test signature

Comment

I have kde 3.5.10, xserver 1.6.1 and compiz 8.x. Resize and maximalize windows is very slow. Who can help me? Best regards. :-)

Comment

Hmm.. with 8.* I saw steady improvement with fglrx.
        Now with the 9.* series, I see steady regressions.

9.3 introduced graphical glitches to savage 2, with 9.4 I can't even start s2:
        X Error of failed request: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
        Major opcode of failed request: 147 (XFree86-DRI)
        Minor opcode of failed request: 8 ()
        Value in failed request: 0x2200009
        Serial number of failed request: 81
        Current serial number in output stream: 107

9.3 Mythtv playback was great, 9.4 playback is unwatchable due to stuttering. This happens with both SD and HD playback, though HD playback with mplayer is fine. :/

card: 4870, reckon I'm done with it.

Comment

nice: it crashes my kernel

Comment

Could someone please post a link to the 32-bit driver? Can't seem to find it on the AMD website.

EDIT: I realized there's one file for 32/64-bit
            Last edited by zhark; 17 April 2009, 02:34 PM.

Comment

When will be 3d support for r600 in open source drivers ?! I`m still waiting

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                I'd rather not get into that, if you don't mind
                Sure.. i understand.. so, IT IS possible, eheheheh.

hmmm weekend coming...

best regards

Comment

Hi, here kensai, the Arch Linux developer, who loves AMD,

Well, I compiled this new driver and will make it available to the users of Arch Linux in an unsupported way still, this driver does not compile on kernel 2.6.29, I had to patch it for it to do, so there you go guys didn't I told you AMD wouldn't fix this, and bridgman told me to wait for the final, yeah right, here final does not support kernel 2.6.29 yet.

But as typical of AMD, maybe kernel 2.2.29 support will be added by the time 2.6.30 comes.

Comment

Originally posted by kensai View Post
                    Hi, here kensai, the Arch Linux developer, who loves AMD,

Well, I compiled this new driver and will make it available to the users of Arch Linux in an unsupported way still, this driver does not compile on kernel 2.6.29, I had to patch it for it to do, so there you go guys didn't I told you AMD wouldn't fix this, and bridgman told me to wait for the final, yeah right, here final does not support kernel 2.6.29 yet.

But as typical of AMD, maybe kernel 2.2.29 support will be added by the time 2.6.30 comes.
                    I use arch linux and I used this patch for kernel 2.6.29. But on xserver 1.6.x resize and maximalize windows is very slow with compiz.
                    It`s very flustrating.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hi Kensai; I think we're talking about two different things. You said that 9.4 would be the exact same driver that Ubuntu shipped, I said wait for the 9.4 final. I read back through the thread some more and it looks like you were mostly thinking about 2.6.29 support.

I might have misunderstood your point since you said "it would be exactly the same although we might add 2.6.29 support"; we didn't add 2.6.29 support but among other things, we completed Redirected Direct Rendering support between the Ubuntu early driver and the final 9.4.
                      Last edited by bridgman; 17 April 2009, 03:06 PM.
                      Test signature

Comment

Working...
                      X