Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unigine Working On New Physics, Multiplayer

Phoronix: Unigine Working On New Physics, Multiplayer

Our friends at Unigine Corp have published a 2009 development road-map for the Unigine Engine, their cross-platform gaming engine that is able to deliver stunning graphics on Linux. In 2009 the Unigine Engine is set to receive support for game consoles, improved physics capabilities, multi-monitor support, world layers support, an integrated terrain editor, high-level vehicles support, a new game logic framework, and much more. When it comes to the physics support they are working on a new collision detection system, force fields, fluid interaction, fluid buoyancy, inverse kinematics, rag-doll blending with animation, and multi-threaded physics...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

At the end of the year, I'd like to see Unigine vs. XreaL vs. Cube2 vs. Blender Game Engine compared

Comment

Wauu this engine is awesome. But damn, it kills my gfxcard.

My score:
      FPS: 5.79191

System: Linux 2.6.27-14-generic i686
      CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9300 @ 2.50GHz 2493MHz MMX SSE SSE2 SSE3 HT
      GPU: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 2.1.8543 Release
      System memory: 3038 Mb
      Video memory: 1024 Mb
      Fglrx 9.3

I wonder what you got in "score" ?

EDIT:
      With the newest fglrx 9.4 I get this:

FPS: 5.71266

So not much optimation from 9.3. At least not with this engine.
      Last edited by tball; 17 April 2009, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Yeah, the Unigine demos chew up GPUs a lot. Running their binaries from their site directly, this is what I get with everything on and 4xAA 16xAF:

Tropics
        Ubuntu 8.10
        fps: 25.7
        score: 648

Sanctuary
        Ubuntu 8.10
        fps: 28.1
        score: 1190

Comment

Nevermind. Thought this was a FOSS project.
          Last edited by aaaantoine; 17 April 2009, 11:26 AM.

Comment

I personally hope some company will use this to make an Elder Scrolls like game for linux.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
              At the end of the year, I'd like to see Unigine vs. XreaL vs. Cube2 vs. Blender Game Engine compared
              Think it's pretty safe to say that BGE would get chewed up and spit out like a rotten peanut judging by Yo Frankie performance.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
                What about OGRE, Crystal Space, Horde3D, Irrlicht and Dark Places (Nexuiz)?

Comment

Some of them are only renderes not entire game engines. It's unfair to compare just rendering to a full game engine spending processing time on more than just rendering.

Comment

Working...
                  X