Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Test Release Of Intel X.Org 2.7 Driver

Phoronix: New Test Release Of Intel X.Org 2.7 Driver

We are now into the second quarter of 2009, but Intel will soon release its X.Org driver for Q1'09. While late, the xf86-video-intel 2.7.0 driver update SDVO-TV support, basic SDVO-LVDS support, tear-free X-Video support, and many bugs have been fixed. Just before calling it a week, Carl Worth released the third release candidate for the xf86-video-intel 2.7.0 (version 2.6.99.903)...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Awesome!

It's simply awesome what the intel guys achived thru their hard work on the driver.
    In the last months all pieces (driver, drm, mesa, x.org) came together and lead to kms and dri2. Its simply fantastic - my good 'ol i915 never ran so fine with compiz.. no problems with videos, openGL content, games, anymore - its just great!

And if you've problems, the developers answer your questions quickly on their irc channel - yes, I became a real intel fanboy, just because of their graphic driver developers^^

Comment

Did they ever get tear-free DRI2 working?

Comment

@wswartzendruber: Have a look at the mailing list announcement: this is one of the bugs they have fixed.

Comment

Any chance these fixes will be in Ubuntu 9.04? Highly doubtful, I know, but there's always hope, right?

Comment

SDVO?!

Am I the only one wondering what SDVO stands for?

Comment

Originally posted by djtm View Post
              Am I the only one wondering what SDVO stands for?
              It takes less than 2.5 seconds to go look it up, so it's likely...

Comment

I guess I assumed an article writing about it might mention what it actually *is*, to save me the googling:
                "Serial Digital Video Out) is a proprietary Intel technology introduced with their 9xx-series of motherboard chipsets." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SDVO)

Comment

Originally posted by mutlu_inek View Post
                  @wswartzendruber: Have a look at the mailing list announcement: this is one of the bugs they have fixed.
                  I've seen lots of stuff about no more tearing with Xv, but not DRI2.

Comment

Originally posted by jblackhall View Post
                    Any chance these fixes will be in Ubuntu 9.04? Highly doubtful, I know, but there's always hope, right?
                    I doubt it too, but they really should consider it. The performance improvements from 2.6 are enormous.

Comment

Working...
                    X