Logitech USB Headset Not Working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logitech USB Headset Not Working.

Um, I just bought a "Logitech Supra-Aural PC Headset 960 USB" from newegg, but it's not working. No sound comes through except for a really faint hiss. Both KDE-4.2's and XFCE-4.6's respective sound mixers recognize the headset's existance and both provide audio controls, but no sound comes through whatsoever. All the buttons work--or at least have on-screen confirmation that they work--but I just get no sound out of my headset's speakers.

This problem exists on Ubuntu 8.04.2 as well as X/Kubuntu 9.04 BETA

Is there a software problem getting in my way, or do I need to RMA my headset?

Any ideas?

I seem to be able to capture the sound of my own voice through the microphone (its amplified and fed back through the speakers) but I cannot hear any other sound whatsoever. I even recorded my voice with "SoundRecorder" but I cannot even play back what I just recorded!

I have no Windoze partition to test my headset in, only Ubuntu 8.04.2 and 9.04 BETA.

Comment

I tested the headset on my friend's laptop. Windows drivers make it work like it's supposed to.

I'm returning this headset and getting one I *know* will work automatically with Linux systems. (must read *all* customer reviews!)

Comment

Working...
      X