Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux Supports More Filesystems With 2.6.30-rc1

Phoronix: Linux Supports More Filesystems With 2.6.30-rc1

Two weeks have passed since the release of the Linux 2.6.29 kernel that brought Intel kernel mode-setting, the Btrfs file-system, and many other improvements to the Linux kernel. Now though the first release candidate for the forthcoming Linux 2.6.30 kernel is now out in the wild. Linus Torvalds announced last night the release of Linux 2.6.30-rc1 with the merge window for it now being closed...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I will have to look these up to see why they might perhaps be interesting... but right now I'm a little underwhelmed by yet-another-file-system.

Perhaps someday I'll actually be able to benefit by my distribution offering snapshots and rollbacks (to previous system states), and perhaps runtime compression for filesystem performance... something to be excited about.

Comment

the r6xx-r7xx drm-stuff got merged with this release, right?

Comment

nilfs2 is great news!
        Excellent filesystem for flash devices.
        Will be an excellent addition for netbooks.

Comment

Working...
        X