Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gallium3D-Capable Mesa 7.5 Release This Week!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zajec View Post
    Interesting, I expected to see 7.5 little later but with interesting stuff. If 7.5 will come so soon, I guess we have to wait for 7.7 to see radeon-rewrite merged and new openchrome 3D stack.

What about some special gift like r6xx/r7xx 3D driver for 7.7?
    Yes, most likely they want to branch ASAP before merging the new modules. That's a good plan.

Comment

Originally posted by bugmenot View Post
      All that work into developing Mesa/Gallium for basically nothing .. NONE of the binary drivers (which everyone uses) support it so all that good work goes to waste.
      I don't give a crap about binary drivers - happy intel user. You don't like it? Better start coding the features you want or go use something else.

Comment

Originally posted by FunkyRider View Post
        I dumped my 4850 2 weeks ago because even watching a movie in Linux is a painful experience.
        I installed Ubuntu Jaunty beta and it is quite nice.

Well, its not perfect (maximizing HD videos or Firefox takes some time with compiz activated), but at least no flickering or tearing or split movies.

My card is a 3870.

I can say after 1,5 years of owning the card, I see light at the end of the tunnel! And it seems it is not a train! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Eragon View Post
          Yes, they are closed source. I don't give a fuck. They work.
          The people that own GeForce 4XXX devices used to say the same thing.

Funny...they care about FOSS drivers quite a bit now.

Comment

What to think about it ? good ? bad ?

Re: [Mesa3d-dev] Mesa 7.5 plans
            It looks I'll be postponing the 7.5 release until next week...

-Brian
            Hope they will ship r300-gallium with it ! It was postponed but, as the release will happen next week, hope it will be OK for inclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by M?P?F View Post
              Hope they will ship r300-gallium with it ! It was postponed but, as the release will happen next week, hope it will be OK for inclusion.
              r300-gallium is already in master (that will become 7.5).

Comment

Originally posted by Zajec View Post
                r300-gallium is already in master (that will become 7.5).
                It is not what is said there : http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/f...ame=mesa3d-dev

Nevertheless, I'm really looking forward for it. As soon as mesa 7.5 is released, I'll try the radeon-rewrite branch !

Comment

As of last night MostAwesomeDude was giving thought (on #radeon) to leaving the r300 gallium code in now that the code is in better shape.
                  Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                    As of last night MostAwesomeDude was giving thought (on #radeon) to leaving the r300 gallium code in now that the code is in better shape.
                    Super ! I want to help on radeon-rewrite as I have an Xpress 200M IGP which doesn't seem to be used that much.
                    Hope everything will be fine
                    Last edited by MuPuF; 11 April 2009, 10:48 AM.

Comment

For using the old-style Mesa drivers, should one use 7.5 or 7.4.1? Considering 7.4 had the transparency bug, are there reasons on why use either release that fixes it?

Comment

Working...
                      X