No announcement yet.

NVIDIA's Release Happiness Continues Into April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The driver is always forcing 4xAA and 16xAF in all my benches.

Comment

See this is something I want to compare windows XP with Arch linux. This will prove a point that Linux can be faster and "smoother" under load.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
        You mind posting your method of running the benchmark so I can run the comparison @ home on my system that is setup with nv cards? I'll run it @1680 and 1920.

I just ran the timedemo on my Doom 3 install (timedemo demo1). Ultra in game settings w/ 4xAA, and I assume you already know how to use WS resolutions on the game. I'm also forcing 4xAA and 16XAF with the driver. You may also want to set your correct amount of vRAM (game defaults to 64MB); just launch the in-game console and type com_videoRAM ###. Run the demo at least twice since the first run always runs much slower.
        Last edited by Melcar; 08 April 2009, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Melcar View Post
          I just ran the timedemo on my Doom 3 install (timedemo demo1). Ultra in game settings w/ 4xAA, and I assume you already know how to use WS resolutions on the game. I'm also forcing 4xAA and 16XAF with the driver.
          Yup OK thanks. I see if I can get around to it tonight but that 2 hour mythbusters premiere is on tonight.

Comment

Go with the mythbusters premiere, very few things are more important than mythbusters
            Test signature

Comment

Ubuntu 8.04, 8.10, and 9.04 users should use Michael Marley's PPA. If you have a flavor of Ubuntu that is based on those two distros then you can use this repo as well.

Very easy to install with this method. It's not that hard to get the key to be accepted. Enjoy!

Edit: I spoke too soon. Hardy users can now enjoy the benefits of 185.19 .
              Last edited by rv65; 09 April 2009, 04:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X