Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massive Problems with Catalyst 9.3 and HD 4670

Hi,
    because my old screen passed away yesterday I decided to purchase a new one. Wonderful, first of all I used my Screen with windows, cos it was impossible to use Linux with my HDTV.
    When I tried to start Fedora Linux the X-Server started, but had a completely wrong resolution, therefore I tried to change it using the ATI Control Panel. But as soon as I hit the "apply" button the screen became black and nothing worked anymore, so I hardkilled Fedora,but restarting Linux didn't have any effect. The only thing I could do to solve the problem was uninstalling the propetiary driver and use the open source driver, which is much worse at the moment.

Please help me to make it work correctly

P.S. it may be important, that both, my HDTV and my new PC monitor are both wide screens (16:9 and 16:10)
    Last edited by Domi09; 31 March 2009, 10:40 AM.

Ahhh, I had the same problem with both the 9-2, 9-3 drivers on my 16:9 display.

Roll back to the 9-1 driver, have it detect your display(s). Then you should be able to update to the fglrx 9-3 driver. At least that is how I have worked around the same issue.
    Last edited by mklean; 31 March 2009, 02:16 PM.

Comment

what the hell?
      Why is that so?
      Hello developers? can anyone explain this f***** issue?

EDIT:
      Now it works - somehow.
      I tried the Fedora 11 beta Live system on a USB Stick and F11 recognized my graphics card and set the resolution right, somehow it must have been transferred to my installed F10 system. ^^
      Last edited by Domi09; 31 March 2009, 03:38 PM.

Comment

This appears to be an on going problem, posted about recently, http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15562

Perhaps we can help the developers, provides logs

It looks like executing a diff of amdpcsdb between a fresh install of 9-1 and 9-2 might provide clues they need to resolve the modeline issues.

Comment

I was much too fast with my euphoria.
          I started windows to watch a movie and when I tried to start Linux again, the same problem occured. As it was never gone ...
          I now try to install 9.1 as you said.

Comment

Sorry for Double Posting, but I now know where the bug is buried

The problems with the catalyst drivers 9.1 to 9.3 occur when I have plugged in my HDTV device via HDMI.
            Then every driver crashes ... If not, then everything works pretty fine.
            This problem didn't occur when I had plugged my TV in by DVI
            To all developers of the catalyst linux driver, please solve this problem as soon as possible!
            Last edited by Domi09; 02 April 2009, 04:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X