No announcement yet.

Ubuntu 9.04 Beta vs. Fedora 11 Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I may feel a bit foolish today, but I would like you to try Linux XP.

Am I really a fool today ?
    Last edited by MuPuF; 01 April 2009, 01:49 AM.

Comment

SELinux?

I'm curious as to whether you had SELinux enabled in Fedora and AppArmour enabled in Ubuntu?

I'd like to see these benchmarks re-run with both systems disabled.

-c

Comment

comparisons of beta code

Originally posted by csmart View Post
        I'm curious as to whether you had SELinux enabled in Fedora and AppArmour enabled in Ubuntu?

I'd like to see these benchmarks re-run with both systems disabled.

-c
        Also, we have no idea what each distribution reports when a bug is detected. The bug intercept code in one may be more efficient then in the other.

It is best to wait for later beta versions (Say April 15th), and redo the compares.

I noted lots of updates to Fedora 11 code today, April 1st. I bet a test with those modules will result in substantially different results.

Comment

Ubuntu always is more stable than fedora, also because fedora is a test distribution for redhat

Comment

Originally posted by zinovsky View Post
            Ubuntu always is more stable than fedora, also because fedora is a test distribution for redhat
            Your just hoping for some Fedora fans to hop in and start another retarded Ubuntu vs Fedora war, don't you?

Comment

Yes, because Ubuntu is known for being such a stable distribution and is not taken every 6 months from Debian Unstable and claim to do in that time what takes two and a half years to Debian developers. And because they don't dare to enable ridiculous things like PulseAudio or Desktop effects by default. Also, they normally take the right decisions on behalf of their users.

Comment

stability

Actually, since version 8, Fedora has not put out a shaky product.
                I use both Fedora and Ubuntu, and here is the difference.

Fedora, vs UBUNTU released versions are essentially the same. Only Fedora is snappier, and between 6mo and a year ahead of UBUNTU for the same applications.

UBUNTU, being an off-shore distribution, gives you access to "Ugly" codecs, Fedora, complying to USA law, does not, and Fedora does not tell you how to get them. You learn the url name from webs.

I have not had any Fedora crash, since 2007. That includes server applications and virtual machines.

Which is a better distribution. The better one is the one for which you have more comfort-- the first one you started with is always a favourite.

Comment

As of kernel 2.6.29.1-46, the debug has been removed in F11. Perfomance is better and memory usage is down. So you can redo your testing now.

Comment

Originally posted by lsatenstein View Post
                    Fedora, vs UBUNTU released versions are essentially the same. Only Fedora is snappier, and between 6mo and a year ahead of UBUNTU for the same applications.
                    I suppose it's very easy to see the 6 months difference right now due to KMS. F11 will have KMS for 90% of graphics cards out there (Radeon R600+ and Nvidia will be disabled by default, though), and Ubuntu will have nothing

Comment

Where can I get the beautiful Fedora wallpaper?

Comment

Working...
                      X