No announcement yet.

Mesa 7.4 Released, Fixes The 7.3 Bugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know what the chances are that this makes its way into Ubuntu Jaunty?

Comment

I think the chance is very low, because Jaunty gets released in less then a month. Not enough time for testing etc. Also Jaunty is already frozen, so no new packages without exception.
      I hope for 9.10

Comment

Originally posted by bugmenot View Post
        I think the chance is very low, because Jaunty gets released in less then a month. Not enough time for testing etc. Also Jaunty is already frozen, so no new packages without exception.
        I hope for 9.10
        Don't hope for 9.10. Instead, hope for Mesa 7.5/7.6

Comment

Originally posted by M?P?F View Post
          Are you sure that tearing is an effect of the monitor ?
          I thought it had to see with changing the front buffer while updating the screen. I didn't activate V-Sync (I should start looking for it).

Whatever, it has always been this way with the radeon driver on my laptop. Usually, you can barely see it but it is quite visible with glxgears. I guess it is because it is not really accelerated (look at the poor FPS rate, and a core of my CPU is fully used).
          I got same effect when running glxgears using mesa software renderer over ssh.
          Last edited by suokko; 28 March 2009, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by suokko View Post
            I got same effect when running glxgears using mesa software renderer over ssh.
            Yep, that's understandable.

The fact is that it IS hardware accelerated, my CPU usage is really really low even when playing videos.
            That's why I asked the question, it did this when I installed the XServer 1.6.

Comment

Have you filled a bug on http://bugs.freedesktop.org ?

I'm sorry, I can't try it out because I can't play with my XPress 200M (I can barely play on TeeWorlds in window mode in 640*480).
              I posted it on nabble:

someone with R400 (X700) have dynamic lighting regression too in q3a.

I think none distro will include plain mesa-7.4, it has so many regression...

Last edited by dungeon; 29 March 2009, 01:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bugmenot View Post
                I hope for 9.10
                I thought 7.4 was the stable release of 7.3 and as such will be bugfixes only, no new features? If that's the case, it seems reasonable to assume it'll make it's way into Jaunty eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by chaos386 View Post
                  I thought 7.4 was the stable release of 7.3 and as such will be bugfixes only, no new features? If that's the case, it seems reasonable to assume it'll make it's way into Jaunty eventually.
                  Well, I did not think at that by now. You could be right

Comment

Either 7.4, or 7.3 with a lot of of fixes applied

Comment

Have you filled a bug on http://bugs.freedesktop.org ?

I'm sorry, I can't try it out because I can't play with my XPress 200M (I can barely play on TeeWorlds in window mode in 640*480).
                      Both these bugs in mesa core are now fixed by Roland Scheidegger (bug #20965, #20966)

Fixed in master (ebc1478e501d43e0de54e7b6c3edfbc81d7d20c6) and mesa_7_4_branch (7be149cfd131c0b3f7d4337bb83e6fba5f563bf9)

Comment

Working...
                      X