No announcement yet.

AMD Catalyst 9.3 Brings OpenGL Composite Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can be sure it is not shown with Nvidia here. My 8800 GTS 512 (G92) shows it correctly with xv and vdpau!

Comment

I watched both videos on the article and I'm a bit confused. On my mobile X700, which sadly won't be supported anymore by Catalysts, dragging wobbly windows have always been displayed the way it is shown in the 9.3 video, for more than 2 years now. No rendering issues or whatever. So, maybe the article should be more specific.

In fact, the 9.2 video looks a lot more like the issues I get when the open ati driver is used.

Comment

Up to R500 there is a hardware support for xv, but R600+ it is pure software. So you can not really compare it.

Comment

I don't think glxgears uses xv

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
            Up to R500 there is a hardware support for xv, but R600+ it is pure software. So you can not really compare it.
            Then, the article should be more specific, as I said. Because that detail isn't written anywhere in the article. Thus, how am I supposed to know about that detail?

Anyway, thanks for the information, I'm not confused anymore.

Comment

I just installed and tested this release and I have the same OpenGL behavior as the other releases. The YouTube video in the article shows that moving a window around containing OpenGL will do what it's supposed to, but mine doesn't. It gives the same behavior as before. Is anyone else having this happen?

Comment

The driver seemed promising but like the previous release, powerplay is broken for my x1600 mobility. Too bad. I'll have to use catalyst 9.1 for the rest of my life
                Why did you break something so important? Could you release a "9-3.5" driver please
                /* wanna die */
                Last edited by rafi; 27 March 2009, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Does anyone know how to properly uninstall the Nvidia driver and install the ATi Catalyst?

Comment

Sure, run

nvidia-installer --uninstall
                    dpkg --purge nvidia-dkms

and then reset your xorg.conf, on current debian/ubuntu:

rm -f /etc/X11/xorg.conf*
                    dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg

Then you can poweroff and exchange the cards (if you used my install script for nvidia thats all you need).

Comment

Woot small gain in fps in UT2K4..best thing about this driver is getting rid of the black border due to underscan.. The slider's working here just like in windows.
                      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
                      Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

Working...
                      X