AIGLX error in Jaunty with radeon 6.12.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AIGLX error in Jaunty with radeon 6.12.1

Odd error cropping up in my Xorg.0.log, this is on Ubuntu 9.04 with the latest radeon driver (6.12.1) from the repos :

Code:
    [    1.233114] (EE) AIGLX error: Calling driver entry point failed
    [    1.234448] (EE) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering
    [    1.319365] (II) AIGLX: Loaded and initialized /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so
    [    1.319389] (II) GLX: Initialized DRISWRAST GL provider for screen 0
    GLX, DRI, DRI2, EXA, DRM and XRANDR all seem to be loading up and/or functioning fine, so I'm not sure what the problem is with AIGLX.

This is on an HD3200, by the way... RS780 embedded.

Can anyone assist? Thanks if so!
    Last edited by Porter; 27 March 2009, 04:33 AM.

AIGLX needs a 3D driver, which is not available for R600/R700 yet.

Comment

Originally posted by oibaf View Post
      AIGLX needs a 3D driver, which is not available for R600/R700 yet.
      I don't understand how it could have Xv acceleration (via TexturedVideo) without having 3D support.

Comment

Originally posted by Porter View Post
        I don't understand how it could have Xv acceleration (via TexturedVideo) without having 3D support.
        Xv, and EXA, are using the 3D engine through the 2D driver, and they don't need the 3D driver (as all earlier chip version are doing for Textured Xv).

Comment

Yep, oibaf is telling you right - current drivers support the Xv and EXA APIs but not GL yet. That message is normal for a bit longer. The EXA and Xv APIs use the 3D engine just like GL, it's just a lot more work to implement the 3D part of the driver stack.
          Test signature

Comment

Gotcha. Thank you both! That is great information. I will use the proprietary driver for the time being until radeon matures a bit more on the R7xx chips. It's working flawlessly on my Mobility X1400 in my Thinkpad, so I'm very happy there, but the HD3200 in my media box is quite a different animal.

Speaking of which... I have a configuration question (related to fglrx and multi-monitor configuration) over in the proprietary driver forum, if you get a moment! Many thanks for any help you can extend there.

Your expertise and participation here are really invaluable, by the way. I hope that the management at AMD is aware of that! I'm a classic "swing" customer, I have both ATI and Nvidia hardware running on a variety of systems, but I keep coming back to ATI and buying more product because the quality of support and the direct interaction that you provide here are absolutely excellent. Thanks again.

Comment

Any updates here?

Getting the same error:
              $
              Code:
              cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep -i error
              (EE) AIGLX error: Calling driver entry point failed(EE) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering
              with hardware:
              01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV710 [Radeon HD 4550]

Comment

Originally posted by fermulator View Post
                Any updates here?

Getting the same error
                As oibaf and bridgman said, there is no 3D driver shipping with any distro yet for your chip.

Comment

Working...
                X