Ubuntu Jaunty and intel 855gm graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu Jaunty and intel 855gm graphics

Hi guys, I have a problem with latest unreleased Ubuntu Jaunt and my Jaotech touchscreen which has intel 855gm graphic chipset and 1280x800 LCD. I found out that latest intel driver doen't detect LCD and that is why ubuntu always starts in failsafe graphics mode.

I also tried Ubuntu 8.04 and graphics works OK in it, but I need latest software.

I know that maybe I can get Ubuntu Jaunty to work if I specify the right configure options in xorg.conf, but don't know how to do it yet.

Here is working xorg.log from Ubuntu 8.04:
    Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

And here is non working xorg.log from Ubuntu Jaunty:
    Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

I guess a launchpad entry would be better. U does nothing without, or say almost nothing in most cases.

Comment

There was a call for i8xx testing on the ubuntu-x ML recently. https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-x

Comment

Originally posted by Gujs View Post
        Hi guys, I have a problem with latest unreleased Ubuntu Jaunt and my Jaotech touchscreen which has intel 855gm graphic chipset and 1280x800 LCD. I found out that latest intel driver doen't detect LCD and that is why ubuntu always starts in failsafe graphics mode.

I also tried Ubuntu 8.04 and graphics works OK in it, but I need latest software.

I know that maybe I can get Ubuntu Jaunty to work if I specify the right configure options in xorg.conf, but don't know how to do it yet.

Here is working xorg.log from Ubuntu 8.04:

And here is non working xorg.log from Ubuntu Jaunty:
        http://pastebin.com/m76622e3c
        This site may be of use to you.

Basically, it tells you to revert the Intel driver to the 2.4 driver which is used in Intrepid.

Try this out, and post your results here.

Comment

Working...
        X