Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: For Those Looking To Help Out With PTS

Michael,

being a new user of the PTS and testing it actually I would like to contribute to the documentation. How is the maintanance of the documentation organized? Is there a sort of WikiBook that holds the documents?

Regards
    Rainer

Quote Originally Posted by Rainer König View Post
    Michael,

being a new user of the PTS and testing it actually I would like to contribute to the documentation. How is the maintanance of the documentation organized? Is there a sort of WikiBook that holds the documents?

Regards
    Rainer
    Right now there is not too much documentation. When downloading the phoronix-test-suite, what you see in the documentation/ folder or on http://www.phoronix-test-suite.com/

Any help on the documentation would most certainly be appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael

I'm using Arch linux, it would be good if there would be a simple package to download strait from arch linux repository using pacman. Pacman is arch linux package manager like apt-get, downloads and installs stuff. ie:

Code:
     pacman -Sy pts
    ..would sync the latest downloads and download pts with all it's dependancies. Only thing I notice is that pts, has optional dependancies that might cross conflict with pacman. I don't know how that could be resolved. One of the arch dev's might be able to solve this?

Why you guys have no yet uploaded the logo in wiki or in any phoronix website ?

Quote Originally Posted by b15hop View Post
    I'm using Arch linux, it would be good if there would be a simple package to download strait from arch linux repository using pacman. Pacman is arch linux package manager like apt-get, downloads and installs stuff. ie:

Code:
     pacman -Sy pts
    ..would sync the latest downloads and download pts with all it's dependancies. Only thing I notice is that pts, has optional dependancies that might cross conflict with pacman. I don't know how that could be resolved. One of the arch dev's might be able to solve this?
    its already in community - package name phoronix-test-suite, currently at version 1.8

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Star View Post
    Why you guys have no yet uploaded the logo in wiki or in any phoronix website ?
    I can send the logo to anyone that wants to upload it to Wikipedia.

First, PTS needs translations. Submite a *po file and the suite will be translate in every language in a matter of hours.
    The "Subsystem" menu should be independent, no under "View", to be easier like that to choose the filters. Also, the subsystem filters should stay. It's irritating to unselect them evry time you install a test.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I can send the logo to anyone that wants to upload it to Wikipedia.
    Send me if you want.

^^get it from

Code:
     /usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/static

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Star View Post
    ^^get it from

Code:
     /usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/static
    Shit, I thought the accounts of wikipedia were common across every language, but they are not. Thus I have the permission to upload images in el.wikipedia.org but not in the english version.

Edited Ok done.
    Last edited by Apopas; 10-01-2009 at 02:13 PM.