Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone try hamana image viewer with newer catalyst?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone try hamana image viewer with newer catalyst?

I use hamana image viewer through wine for reading my manga because it has all the features that I want (auto-next folder when reaching end of current folder, remember last image when starting are the two big ones), but every catalyst I try that is newer than 8.9 renders this app unusable. Granted, I can't use it now in non-fullscreen mode (graphics glitches in image display), and when I hover over the top menu bar in fullscreen it goes glitchy, but it works.

If anybody has wine, and newer versions of catalyst installed, can you please try hamana from here and let me know if you have any luck?
    Main page:

Direct link:

Originally posted by talz13 View Post
    I use hamana image viewer through wine for reading my manga because it has all the features that I want (auto-next folder when reaching end of current folder, remember last image when starting are the two big ones), but every catalyst I try that is newer than 8.9 renders this app unusable. Granted, I can't use it now in non-fullscreen mode (graphics glitches in image display), and when I hover over the top menu bar in fullscreen it goes glitchy, but it works.

If anybody has wine, and newer versions of catalyst installed, can you please try hamana from here and let me know if you have any luck?
    Main page:

Direct link:
    http://miyano.s53.xrea.com/cgi-bin/l...Hamana20060619
    I have tried this program with catalyst 9.4 and it works like crap for me too.

Did you ever tried comix for linux?

Comment

Direct(su)X never works too well with wine.

Comment

I just tried comix this morning again, and I must say I don't know what I thought comix was before! Even the old 3.6.4 version on my old ubuntu works well. The only thing I don't like is that previous page is mapped to PgUp, and I can't use backspace to go back Oh, and I just noticed that it won't move to the next FOLDER, it will only move to the next ARCHIVE... BOO!

Comment

Originally posted by talz13 View Post
          I just tried comix this morning again, and I must say I don't know what I thought comix was before! Even the old 3.6.4 version on my old ubuntu works well. The only thing I don't like is that previous page is mapped to PgUp, and I can't use backspace to go back Oh, and I just noticed that it won't move to the next FOLDER, it will only move to the next ARCHIVE... BOO!
          What's the problem in tar'ing your manga folders? Create your own library with mangas. Bookmarking some pages is also available.

I 've just checked out comix again for you to tell that its possible to navigate through space + backspace. Mousewheel works also with forward and backward. The version i am using is 4.03
          Last edited by stancil; 22 March 2009, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X