Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Linux Kernel Saves Animals, Gets New Logo

Phoronix: The Linux Kernel Saves Animals, Gets New Logo

Tux, the Linux penguin mascot, will be taking a break during the Linux 2.6.29 kernel cycle. Committed to the Linus's kernel tree last night is a new temporary logo known as Tuz...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

someone save the Tasmanian Devil!

Comment

The fake beak is a nice touch.

Comment

I just found my new desktop background.

Comment

wow your late on this news... it was decided all the way back at linuxconf.au

also in the deal bdale garbee of debian got a shave http://ostatic.com/blog/bdale-garbee...-linux-conf-au

the mascot was part of the bargain and was chiped in by Linus himself

Comment

What about the Amur leopard? Or we should leave that honor to Apple?

Comment

Originally posted by cb88 View Post
              wow your late on this news... it was decided all the way back at linuxconf.au....
              It's because Ubuntu 9.04 isn't shipping with this kernel. So, any extraneous information about this particular kernel release wasn't picked up by them.

Comment

Originally posted by cb88 View Post
                wow your late on this news... it was decided all the way back at linuxconf.au
                I knew about it beforehand, but it was finally committed this week, which is what the news item was about.
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

lol I'd so much like something like this to be the standart linux mascot, it looks so modern...

Comment

This mascot is so poorly drawn that it gives a bad image to Linux and Tazmanian Devils.
                    Poor linux, poor devils, why don't any professionnal graphist care about them

Comment

Working...
                    X