Problems with ATI open-source & multiple monitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    Hmmm. Any chance you still have two cards in the system ?
    Yeah, I put the card back in the system after removing it did not really improve anything.

Anyways ... removed card again, ok get a screen this time. Log in, wrong resolutions. Try changing them, xrandr compains cannot set desired resolution. Try other options (some combination of rotate, pos, mode, left-of) ... poof, get kicked back to the login screen (happened twice before I gave up). Very unstable - ok time to go back to radeon. The only error on the log is:
    Code:
    (EE) RADEONHD(0): Unable to allocate shadow memory for rotated CRTC
    Flickering lines are still there (other card NOT present); with or without UseAtomBIOS and with or without Coherent on both Radeon & RadeonHD - with RadeonHD being the worse of the two. Radeon's only has infrequent flashes of a line, RadeonHD its quite frequent.

Will be putting second card back in.

Comment

Originally posted by pawstar View Post

Anyways ... removed card again, ok get a screen this time. Log in, wrong resolutions. Try changing them, xrandr compains cannot set desired resolution. Try other options (some combination of rotate, pos, mode, left-of) ... poof, get kicked back to the login screen (happened twice before I gave up). Very unstable - ok time to go back to radeon. The only error on the log is:
      Code:
      (EE) RADEONHD(0): Unable to allocate shadow memory for rotated CRTC
      Code:
      xrandr --output DVI-I_2/digital --mode 2560x1600
      xrandr --output DVI-I_1/digital --left-of DVI-I_2/digital
      xrandr --output DVI-I_1/digital --rotate left

Comment

Working...
      X