Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA Pushes Out New Driver With No Change-Log

Phoronix: NVIDIA Pushes Out New Driver With No Change-Log

It was just one week ago that NVIDIA released the 180.37 Linux driver, but already there is a new bleeding-edge release available. Last night a NVIDIA Linux engineer pushed out the 185.13 beta...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

lol, NVIDIA doesn't talk and/or do promises. They work.
    +10 to NVIDIA.

Comment

Maybe it's a Friday the 13th joke... what ever state the driver was in at the end of the day... you got it, good luck (or bad luck if you are superstitious).

Comment

what's new is here is

Comment

typo

a small typo you might want to fix
          , but what this release consists of actually isn't known.
          the n is missing

Comment

Originally posted by Goga777 View Post
            This is an older changelog.

One of the changes is improved compiz perfomance when strict binding is used.

Comment

Didn't work for me.

Got an 7300GS here and it didn't work for me. I couldn't install it. It gave me an error that it couldn't create the nvidia.ko.

So, I assume that my GPU isn't supported. I had to go back to the 180.37.

Comment

SLI in auto mode works once again.

Comment

doesn't seem like fit for a beta release. gnome-bluetooth crashes in gentoo (blocked signal whatever) like in 180.35,37 and apparently quite a few issues from a cursory look at nvnews linux forums.

Comment

Originally posted by gtrawoger View Post
                    Got an 7300GS here and it didn't work for me. I couldn't install it. It gave me an error that it couldn't create the nvidia.ko.

So, I assume that my GPU isn't supported. I had to go back to the 180.37.
                    It does support your GPU.
                    But with such an vague description nobody can help you.

Comment

Working...
                    X