Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VDPAU + OpenGL 3.0 On Gallium3D This Summer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VDPAU + OpenGL 3.0 On Gallium3D This Summer?

Phoronix: VDPAU + OpenGL 3.0 On Gallium3D This Summer?

This is the fourth year that the X.Org project will be participating in Google's Summer of Code project. In the past we have seen work like Generic Gallium3D Video Decoding using a graphics card's shaders to assist in video decoding no matter the hardware vendor...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

why are there no willing hordes of mindless genius programming slave clones created in an attempt to rule the world who would do ALL of it for us?

Comment

Not sure about worldwide, but slave clones are illegal under Ontario labour law.
      Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
        Not sure about worldwide, but slave clones are illegal under Ontario labour law.
        Damn it! I know it was too good to be true

Comment

Originally posted by Pfanne View Post
          why are there no willing hordes of mindless genius programming slave clones created in an attempt to rule the world who would do ALL of it for us?
          It was conveniently omitted that I also suggested R600 Gallium support as a possible Summer of Code opportunity. However, as more than a few people may have guessed, if it's not done over the summer, I'll do it myself once the R300 code gets stable enough and the kernel pieces move upstream.

marcheu, ymanton, and I might do VDPAU, too, and OGL 3.0 is not as tough as some people might think. It's just a matter of priorities, and these are cool things that newbies might enjoy cutting their teeth on.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
            You could always grab one of those Quebecers though and make them a slave, I'm pretty sure that's still legal. (Outside of Quebec of course)

Comment

I'll check. There has to be a reason so many game companies are opening studios in Montreal.
              Test signature

Comment

@MostAwesomeDude

So you think till x-mas all major cards (except NV) will support VDPAU and GLSL with open drivers?
                Last edited by Kano; 14 March 2009, 04:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MostAwesomeDude View Post
                  It was conveniently omitted that I also suggested R600 Gallium support as a possible Summer of Code opportunity. However, as more than a few people may have guessed, if it's not done over the summer, I'll do it myself once the R300 code gets stable enough and the kernel pieces move upstream.

marcheu, ymanton, and I might do VDPAU, too, and OGL 3.0 is not as tough as some people might think. It's just a matter of priorities, and these are cool things that newbies might enjoy cutting their teeth on.
                  wow, sounds great!
                  i hope amd has some nice 45nm notebook stuff going by the end of the year, because thats when i will buy my new notebook
                  i look into the irc logs from the dri-dev channel and it seems like you spend most of your free time on this project.
                  so keep up the good work and BIG THANKS for all the work you've done!

Comment

Good point. I already implemented that into my next project:
                    Code:
                    TGS - The God Shell
                    //humanv2//
                    MAKE mindless humans in [some] cases also genius = 1
                    IF google summer of code = 1

IF RULE #1 MAKE mindless humans in [some] cases also genius = 1
                    THEN [some] = hordemode

...i look into the irc logs from the dri-dev channel and it seems like you spend most of your free time on this project.
                    so keep up the good work and BIG THANKS for all the work you've done!
                    Big thanks from me as well, I appreciate it very much.

Comment

Working...
                    X