Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FFmpeg Experiences A New Release, Finally!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFmpeg Experiences A New Release, Finally!

Phoronix: FFmpeg Experiences A New Release, Finally!

FFmpeg, a popular free software project to record, convert, and stream audio/video files of various formats, has finally readied itself for a new release. FFmpeg is relied upon heavily by MPlayer, but official releases are far and few between...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

great news!!!!!!!!!!!!! yahoooo

Comment

Does this give BluRay video and audio support?

Comment

For Blu ray you'd need to fight with the copy protection; the rest is no problem.

About VDPAU: sure that it's in 0.5? I don't see any coment in their release-notes...

Comment

Personally I'm still waiting for fixing last bugs in ffmpeg-mt and merging. That will be important step in ffmpeg's development

Comment

I hope this release tweeks some AVC HD playback.

It'll be highly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by TheK View Post
              For Blu ray you'd need to fight with the copy protection; the rest is no problem.
              I hope you know that you know experienced Linux users laughs at you for that comment.

If MPlayer can play BluRay with sound, it is ground breaking news!

Comment

Originally posted by TheK View Post

About VDPAU: sure that it's in 0.5? I don't see any coment in their release-notes...
                It was committed here:

and is easily found in the libavcodec/ directory.

Comment

This afternoon there might be a Phoronix interview with FFmpeg developers.... If anyone has questions, be sure to post them here very soon.
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

DTS-HD MA Support

If you interview the ffmpeg devs, here's one I'd like to see addressed:

The sole remaining "unplayable" audio format from Blu-ray disks is DTS-HD MA. Most Sony and Disney releases have the primary audio track *only* in this format. Samples have been submitted *and* code was posted to the ffmpeg dev list showing how to parse out the DTS "core" in these files which could then be used as any normal DTS track for decode or passthrough. Also, PID information for all the Blu ray audio track types has been posted, along with patches to allow proper identification of them. The code was rejected but no alternative has surfaced. This was about three months ago-- any status update on when someone might be able to look at this and make a giant segment of libavcodec/libavformat end users extremely happy?

Comment

Working...
                    X