Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Apopas View Post
    Thank you for your fast reply Michael,

It downloads the source code for license's reasons even If the oggenc is already installed in the system?
    At this point, yes. The reasoning behind that is the Phoronix Test Suite can not be sure if the distribution-supplied package was built with any out-of-tree patches, any weird optimizations, a slightly different version was used, or any other minor changes were made.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

So, If I'm not pleased with my dist's packages to be able to compile and install oggenc and the other tools by myself

Thank you Michael and plz continue the great work.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        I can write a test profile for about an average application in probably 10 minutes... It's quite easy already for others too if you just look at an existing test profile as a sample. But I will be looking at ways to make it even easier.

Phoronix Test Suite 1.6.0 is in Ubuntu 9.04 repositories. Sadly, I think 1.8.0 will be too late for Jaunty. But Phoronix Test Suite 2.0 will be in Ubuntu 9.10.
        So World Domination is inevitable. Excellent job!!

Comment

Originally posted by another_sam View Post
          So World Domination is inevitable. Excellent job!!
          The train doesn't stop here... Wait till some of the Phoronix Test Suite 2.0 work is out there
          Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            The train doesn't stop here... Wait till some of the Phoronix Test Suite 2.0 work is out there
            I can't wait to see that but 1.8 is looking very appetizingly :>

Comment

Originally posted by Apopas View Post
              Thank you Michael and plz continue the great work.
              Yep, thanks, will continue to do so
              Michael Larabel

Comment

Dont hit me!

Dare I ask if it would be easy to make a Windows port of this too if it isn't already? I hate Windows as much as anyone here, but it's an awesome way to get exposure to Linux thrown the Window's phanboi-way showing the power of the dar....open-source, the 'indie' games included etc etc.

We could also use it to test the numerous distro's (burgeoning fan of Solaris in both flavours here) against this dirty ol' stalwart.

And Michael, do you write all this stuff yourself, or do you get help form forumer's etc? I haven't exactly looked through all the scripts etc, but I noticed all to many are yours.
                Hi

Comment

Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
                  Dare I ask if it would be easy to make a Windows port of this too if it isn't already? I hate Windows as much as anyone here, but it's an awesome way to get exposure to Linux thrown the Window's phanboi-way showing the power of the dar....open-source, the 'indie' games included etc etc.
                  I am not opposed to doing a Windows port, but I don't intend on doing one unless it receives corporate backing. Most of pts-core (the benchmarking engine) is very portable (hence it running on OpenSolaris, Mac OS X, *BSD, and Linux), but there still would be quite a bit of work involved. The amount of work required (several weeks, plus rewriting quite a few test profiles to make it Windows compatible) plus not having any Windows installations around (unless a vendor sent a new Windows laptop for that task), means that I won't be able to justify it unless there is some backing.

Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
                  And Michael, do you write all this stuff yourself, or do you get help form forumer's etc? I haven't exactly looked through all the scripts etc, but I noticed all to many are yours.
                  Basically, yes. At heart of the Phoronix Test Suite is pts-core, which is the benchmarking engine that powers and manages everything. I designed and wrote all of that, but I have received a couple patches along the way for some fixes and such.

In regards to the 90+ test profiles, yes, I have wound up writing most of that too... Writing test profiles are pretty easy, but to date I have only received a handful of third-party profiles. In the future though I hope to receive more third-party features due to improvements that lower the barrier to entry and just overall enhancements that make it more appealing for companies/individuals to submit their own profiles.
                  Michael Larabel

Comment

the test result seem is very good.

Comment

hello everybody, since all of you hear seem to enjoy the gui can somebody point me,and i guess many more, to a download or upload the binary php-gtk that seems to be missing from all distributions?

p.s.1 I would like it amd64 with fries, thank you
                      p.s.2 Other people would like it i386, they will thank you
                      p.s.3 find the hidden meaning

Comment

Working...
                      X