An Update On The Phoronix Test Suite GUI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Update On The Phoronix Test Suite GUI

In the next day or two Phoronix Test Suite 1.8.0 "Selbu" Alpha 3 will be released. Among other changes, there are quite a bit of improvements to the GTK2 GUI. A lot of polishing has went on, fixing different widgets, the preferences area now works fully, Phoronix Global integration, making the GUI scale nicely to different sizes, etc. Below are a few screenshots from running the latest code.

Not only can you easily sort tests/suites now by what hardware subsystem tests you want, but also whether the tests are free/open-source or not.

Lots of new menu features have been implemented for Phoronix Test Suite 1.8.

No longer do you need to edit an XML file manually to change Phoronix Test Suite settings... A GUI is automatically generated for the preferences area. Changes are applied in real-time.

Settings for the result graphs can also be customized very easily through the GTK2 GUI.

You can view the installed software/hardware information quite easily.

There is basic Phoronix Global integration support beginning with Selbu Alpha 3.

Feedback is welcome and appreciated -- on both the interface and Phoronix Test Suite itself.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

sounds good

Comment

This is...

This is awesome! And nobody has anything to say!? Maybe everyone's just preferring the command-line version
      Hi

Comment

Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
        This is awesome! And nobody has anything to say!? Maybe everyone's just preferring the command-line version
        Excellent!

Nay. I do not prefer the command-line version.

Comment

Can't wait for this.

Comment

ouhuhuhuh this is becoming serious.

if this app is cheap to extend by adding new tests and appears in ubuntu repositories, i think it will become the linux worldwide benchmark reference.

Comment

Originally posted by another_sam View Post
              if this app is cheap to extend by adding new tests
              I can write a test profile for about an average application in probably 10 minutes... It's quite easy already for others too if you just look at an existing test profile as a sample. But I will be looking at ways to make it even easier.

Originally posted by another_sam View Post
              and appears in ubuntu repositories, i think it will become the linux worldwide benchmark reference.
              Phoronix Test Suite 1.6.0 is in Ubuntu 9.04 repositories. Sadly, I think 1.8.0 will be too late for Jaunty. But Phoronix Test Suite 2.0 will be in Ubuntu 9.10.
              Michael Larabel

Comment

Hey guys, new here. After seeing this excellent tool I couldn't but become a member of your community

I have one question though. In the last picture it shows the Ogg Encoding tab and it says Download Size 77.81 MB. I suppose that's for Ubuntu in which the current benchmark takes place or the Phoronix Suite uses it's own repository from which will download the necessary files for itself?

thank you

Comment

Welcome apopas,

The download size for the Ogg encoding test includes the Ogg / Vorbis source packages along with the sample file that it encodes (which is like 65MB). No matter the distribution, that's the size and is what's downloaded.
                  Michael Larabel

Comment

Thank you for your fast reply Michael,

It downloads the source code for license's reasons even If the oggenc is already installed in the system?

Comment

Working...
                    X