GeForce 8200 motherboard + 9500GT PCI-E card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GeForce 8200 motherboard + 9500GT PCI-E card

If I disable the on board video in the 8200 motherboard, everything works great. I have two screens setup on the 9500GT. If I try to enable the on board video, nothing works -- no matter if I made the on board or the card the primary video device in the BIOS.

I'd like to run a triple monitor setup. Does anyone have advice?

I'm using Ubuntu 8.10 with Nvidia's 177.82 (latest available with Ubuntu).

Originally posted by Mark Rose View Post
    If I disable the on board video in the 8200 motherboard, everything works great. I have two screens setup on the 9500GT. If I try to enable the on board video, nothing works -- no matter if I made the on board or the card the primary video device in the BIOS.

I'd like to run a triple monitor setup. Does anyone have advice?

I'm using Ubuntu 8.10 with Nvidia's 177.82 (latest available with Ubuntu).
    When you enabled the onboard did you specify the BusID's for both the 8200 and 9500GT in your xorg.conf?

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
      When you enabled the onboard did you specify the BusID's for both the 8200 and 9500GT in your xorg.conf?
      No, I didn't. The nvidia module does give an error that no cards are detected. nvidia-detector says no cards are found. lspci shows them both present, however.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
        That worked! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X