AMD Dropping R300-R500 Support In Catalyst Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Qaridarium
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL you make my day dude!

please first test then cry *G*
    He's right, though. Time for the action. Enough of waiting for empty promises. I propose to nuke them. Or put salt in their coffe. Or something.

Comment

• Ya, but on second thought. It mite be rather hard to overwhelm a CPU manufacturers servers. I'd think they have the best of the best of everything.

Eventhough I am not effected in a bad way, I do think that action "is" the only way to get attention. I am a proactive kind of guy. I also think that 2007 hardware is not old. I meen it is only 5/09 and I think computers should last at lest 3years. Also, a lot of times I get computers with last year hardware to save big $$ and I am sure this is common practice. If true, that would meen a lot of poeple that got computer's just last year are now left in the cold.

I am also vary happy that ATI has Open Source drivers. However, I don't think ATI should use them as some second horse to dump the work they don't feel like doing.
      Last edited by hunterthomson; 10 May 2009, 05:55 PM.

Comment

• so the next time AMD suffers from a strange load, they will just force Michael to give out the forum logs and sue you. Well done guys. Acting stupid in public.

Before you blow up yourself any more first try the drivers THEN complain.

Comment

• Originally posted by energyman View Post
          so the next time AMD suffers from a strange load, they will just force Michael to give out the forum logs and sue you. Well done guys. Acting stupid in public.

Before you blow up yourself any more first try the drivers THEN complain.
          LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL You made my day

Ya, thats what will happen energyman.

Come on get real. They would trace the source of the attack and sue the person that carried out the attack.

But, to get to your real point i.e. Conform, stay in the box "They" made for you and fear god.

I disagree. I think you should fight for what "You" beleave in. Never roll over.

Give Me Liberty Or Give Me Death. Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775

Comment

• oh, they trace down the ip - and ask the ISP for the connection details. Then they trace down the ip from the forum logs - and look, they point to the same person.

Acting stupid has nothing to do with 'liberty' and everything with 'being stupid'.

Comment

oh, they trace down the ip - and ask the ISP for the connection details. Then they trace down the ip from the forum logs - and look, they point to the same person.

Acting stupid has nothing to do with 'liberty' and everything with 'being stupid'.
              I am not attacking AMD. I don't even know the fine details how to.
              And if I was I wouldn't say anything like this here. And, if I did I would do it from an Open WiFi accesspoint and use macchanger.

What "You" are saying is not that attacking AMD is wrong. Your saying it is wrong to "Say" my opinton is that it would be a good thing to do. That is freedom of speech.
              Last edited by hunterthomson; 10 May 2009, 11:28 PM.

Comment

• Attacks are wrong.
                Telling others that you might start an attack in an open forum ist stupid.
                Both have nothing to do with freedom of speech.
                Satisfied now?

Comment

Attacks are wrong.
                  Telling others that you might start an attack in an open forum ist stupid.
                  Both have nothing to do with freedom of speech.
                  Satisfied now?
                  It was implied that you think attacking AMD is wrong in your saying that my "Saying" it was a good thing to do is wrong.

What "Your" saying is that it is wrong for me to "Say" my opinion is that attacking AMD would be a good thing to do. That is freedom of speech.

Read the quote from my post. I never said I was going to attack AMD servers or web site. Your building a straw man to knock down.

Give it up now and let other people bring this thead back on topic.
                  Last edited by hunterthomson; 11 May 2009, 12:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hunterthomson
                    That is freedom of speech.
                    And we're officially Godwin'd. Grand.

Look, chill out. X.org is now responsible for your drivers. That's life. You can act like it's a big deal, but it's no different than with R200, or R100, or MGA, or Matrox, or 3DFX, or just about any other video card past end-of-life from the manufacturer's point of view.

Also, if you were really a proactive person, you would be reading the docs and figuring out how to write the code for the features of your video card that you so fervently desire, instead of spending your time ranting about your hypothetically exercisable online rights.

Comment

• I am quite chill.

Here I will quote myself...

"""
                      OK, Thankyou bridgman for all the help. I probaly never would have found all this out if it was not for you. I am now vary happy with my buy and am glad I didn't go with the Nvidia card. Now I'll know for sure if I have a problem with the catalyst driver it is realy a problem with something ells like configuration or a combo problem.
                      """
                      and todays post that energyman got all upset about and said I would get in trouble for writing.

I will start by quoting the post I was repliying to...

yotambien...
                      """
                      He's right, though. Time for the action. Enough of waiting for empty promises. I propose to nuke them. Or put salt in their coffe. Or something.

"""
                      Me...

"""
                      Ya, but on second thought. It mite be rather hard to overwhelm a CPU manufacturers servers. I'd think they have the best of the best of everything.

Eventhough I am not effected in a bad way, I do think that action "is" the only way to get attention. I am a proactive kind of guy. I also think that 2007 hardware is not old. I meen it is only 5/09 and I think computers should last at lest 3years. Also, a lot of times I get computers with last year hardware to save big $$ and I am sure this is common practice. If true, that would meen a lot of poeple that got computer's just last year are now left in the cold.

I am also vary happy that ATI has Open Source drivers. However, I don't think ATI should use them as some second horse to dump the work they don't feel like doing.
                      """

As you can read, I was not even talking about that suff. Most of what I was saying was just that I think the cut off date should have been 3years like last time.

It may have seemed like I was ranting but it was just that it took a long time for energyman to realize it is ok for people to say one line of text that he may not agree with.

And to answer your question. I am learing how to program. I am learing Python right now. In January I am going to school to get an AS in CENT with Unix systems administration with Linux, TCP/IP with Linux, computer science with JAVA. I also take classes to get a CCNA.
                      Last edited by hunterthomson; 11 May 2009, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X