No announcement yet.

Gnash Starts To Shine With Fourth Beta Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

adobe ufficially release a 64bit plugin?

Comment

I remember Gnash sucking horribly compared to swfdec about a year ago, but if this can play youtube without sucking up all my CPU and requiring me to type in "fmt=6" on every URL like that does, I'm sold.

Comment

Originally posted by fabioamd87 View Post
        adobe ufficially release a 64bit plugin?
        It's been out since December. Check out the adobe labs site.

Comment

it's just a preview, and not stable.

Comment

Originally posted by fabioamd87 View Post
            it's just a preview, and not stable.
            It's more stable then older, non-64bit versions. Maybe not on Windows, but on Linux, it works much better (faster, less crashes and less glitches) than "stable" ones.

So I recommend you use it. I'm on 10.0.22.87 64-bit currently.

Comment

I have video very slowed when in fullscreen.
              using ati x1900gt with fglrx on archlinux 64bit

Comment

Originally posted by Ant P. View Post
                I remember Gnash sucking horribly compared to swfdec about a year ago, but if this can play youtube without sucking up all my CPU and requiring me to type in "fmt=6" on every URL like that does, I'm sold.
                I will test the new Gnash release shortly, but I wonder if swfdec is going anywhere (no dev activity for the past two months cannot be good).

Comment

Originally posted by remm View Post
                  I will test the new Gnash release shortly, but I wonder if swfdec is going anywhere (no dev activity for the past two months cannot be good).

Otte, one of the devs for swfdec wants feedback and love. See http://blogs.gnome.org/otte/2008/12/18/on-loneliness/

Comment

I'd have to agree with RealNC; the beta 64-bit flash player is working a heck of a lot better for me (on Fedora) than that 32-bit nspluginwrapped abortion we used to be forced to use.

That being said, I'd be even happier to have an open source player that worked reliably.

Comment

One of the reasons Adobe went with a 64bit for Linux was because of all the instability the 32bit one was giving. They explicitly say that on the downloads page, haha.

So having a crashy crashy solution made a good non-crashy one

Comment

Working...
                      X