ASRock N7AD-SLI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeremy View Post
    It would be interesting to see if having the Molex power connector connected solves the problem ...
    I just purchased one of these boards to install ubuntu to, I will try installing it this weekend with that connector connected and will try to let everyone know how it works out.

Comment

Great Computx, this would be helpful :-)

Also, don't forget to install the latest BIOS update.

Jeremy

Comment

It is really bad that new boards still need bootable images to flash the bios, Asus and Gigabyte only require a storage media like partitioned fat(32) usb drive to read the bios file and flash it with integrated flash tool. If you can live with 1 core you can try

acpi=off

to see if acpi tables are so broken that it does not start. A new kernel would also interesting as acpi was changed serveral times. Maybe a short test with moblin which uses 2.6.29 rc7.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
          It is really bad that new boards still need bootable images to flash the bios...... If you can live with 1 core you can try

acpi=off

to see if acpi tables are so broken that it does not start. A new kernel would also interesting as acpi was changed serveral times. Maybe a short test with moblin which uses 2.6.29 rc7.
          If ubuntu 9.10 with 2.6.28 doesn't work I will try something with a newer kernel. However as far as I can tell, the 2.6.29 changes list doesn't mention 740i-sli.

Comment

Well i have got 2.6.29 live images, but not that board. I can create basically live images with any kernel which has an aufs module, squashfs 4 is now standard and not problematic at all.

Comment

Originally posted by computx View Post
              I just purchased one of these boards to install ubuntu to, I will try installing it this weekend with that connector connected and will try to let everyone know how it works out.
              I am back, just finished installing the board in my computer and am posting this using the mobo and 8.10 ubuntu.
              I did hook up the molex plug even though the manual said it was unnecessary except for crossfire/ sli mode. I am not doing sli however.
              My specs are Core 2 Duo e6850, Geforce 8600, 4 gigs ram, Ubuntu linux 8.10 x64.
              I didn't use an installer disk I just moved the asrock board into the case and hooked up all the drives. I could try booting the live cd but I don't believe that would give problems when a previous install does not.

Network, sound, opengl 3d desktop all seem to be working well. Maybe the phoronix reviewer should try again.

Comment

Just to let you know, this board has worked flawlessly with Ubuntu since 9.10.

Comment

Working...
                X