ET: Quake Wars and UT2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ET: Quake Wars and UT2007

So, seeing that both these titles *should* be able to be nativly installed on Linux (which is very important), who else will be taking the plung come Novemeber and purchase one or both?

I'm definately in for ET:QWs in Novemeber, and UT2007 when it's on special

I'm afraid to disappoint you, but I don't believe ET: Quake Wars will be out this year. A recent report (I believe it was at IGN) had stated the game would no longer be out this year.

For UT2k7, I believe that is scheduled for May or June of next year.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael
      I'm afraid to disappoint you, but I don't believe ET: Quake Wars will be out this year. A recent report (I believe it was at IGN) had stated the game would no longer be out this year.

For UT2k7, I believe that is scheduled for May or June of next year.
      Noooooooooooooooooooo! My plans of spending the heat of summer inside a hot computer room is ruined...

I could have sworn I've read that both were still earmarked for this November...anyone having any links saying the opposite?

Comment

GameSpot is the world's largest source for PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PS Vita, Wii PC, 3DS, PSP, DS, video game news, reviews, previews, trailers, walkthroughs, and more.

GameSpot is the world's largest source for PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PS Vita, Wii PC, 3DS, PSP, DS, video game news, reviews, previews, trailers, walkthroughs, and more.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Even though I'd love to have those games out last week we're better off giving them more time to finish the game development and finish working out any bugs they find. I'd much rather wait for a good solid stable game, than get another game like BF2, very very buggy, buggy to the point that its unplayable until patches are released. Only a few things are worse than shelling out $50 on a new game to end up pulling the hairs out of your head because the game isn't stable.

I've found both games released by ID software and by Atari to be stable, but still have a bit of bugs upon release, but nothing to the point of making the game unplayable.

Heh, you're not the only unpatient gamer

--Scott

Comment

Sad, sad day indeed.

On a brighter note, 4x4, quad cores and a new range of graphic cards (to support DX10) will be out at the same time...and I'll be itching for an upgrade when I get a new Samsung 24" LCD...

Comment

Quake Wars & UT2007

When the games become available for Linux. Then yes I will be buying the game. just my way of supporting linux gaming.

Just a little off topic sorry for this. not intending to hijack a thread here. I know I was extremely dissapointed that Prey did not have a linux client. I was looking forward to that game.

Anyway back on topic again. I have vented.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew View Post
                [...]and I'll be itching for an upgrade when I get a new Samsung 24" LCD...
                I guarantee you will. I recently got a 24" display and am having trouble powering it in games (at 1920*1200).

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                  I guarantee you will. I recently got a 24" display and am having trouble powering it in games (at 1920*1200).
                  I know my current system won't cut it, I'll still be able to play UT2004 but at pov spec res and detail levels...

But what do you expect from a Athlon 64 3200+ Venice, 6600GT @ 550/1100 (AGP!) and only 1GB of DDR400...

I'm more thinking about AM2 4400+, single 7950GX2 (linux driver support yet?!?!) and 2GB of DDR2...

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew View Post
                    I'm more thinking about AM2 4400+, single 7950GX2 (linux driver support yet?!?!) and 2GB of DDR2...
                    If you're going for a high end system, why not get a Core 2 Duo? They're cheaper and faster than AMD equivalents (...for now).

Comment

Working...
                    X