Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to change shared memory on integrated Radeon Xpress 1150?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to change shared memory on integrated Radeon Xpress 1150?

I have a Dell Inspiron 1501 with the integrated Radeon Xpress 1150. There is no bios option for changing shared memory. I remember the windows driver had an option to change UMA memory size. I've been 100% linux for while, and don't want to install XP again just to change the shared memory.

The only thing I can find using aticonfig is max-gart-size. Is this what i'm looking for? Thanks in advance.

No, that's not it. AFAIK, there's no way to do what you want in Linux. Actually, I wasn't aware it was possible at all in Windows either.

Comment

Option "VideoRAM" 32768

That worked for my previous Intel IGP's. Put into the driver section in xorg.conf.

Comment

I'll give the VideoRAM option a try curaga. It could be an Intel specific thing, but it's worth a try. Thanks.
        RealNC: yeah, it's on the last tab of the Windows Catalyst Cont. Center. There were a ton of useful options compared to the Linux version. I don't really care since most things I want are available via aticonfig, but unfortunately not the shared memory.

Comment

It's actually an option of Xorg (see man xorg.conf), but not all drivers read it.

Comment

Unfortunately the VideoRAM option causes the screen to freeze with a garbled version of the login screen. X never loads.. Any other ideas?

Comment

Working...
            X