Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does radeon(hd) + R700 + compiz work yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    A year or two ago the "r128" and "mach64" drivers were moved out of the -ati folder, leaving just radeon and the -ati wrapper.
    What if I have a r128 or mach64 based card? Does X select the correct driver automatically? I've heard mach64 isn't going to be included in standard builds at all because of security reasons, but these should be fixed by now. Whats the current status?

Comment

Originally posted by bugmenot View Post
      What if I have a r128 or mach64 based card? Does X select the correct driver automatically? I've heard mach64 isn't going to be included in standard builds at all because of security reasons, but these should be fixed by now. Whats the current status?
      If you specify "ati" it will load mach64, r128 or radeon depending on the chip. X will also select the correct driver for these chips if you don't specify a driver. The mach64 drm wasn't upstream for a while because it wasn't secure initially, but it was fixed a while ago and I believe Dave recently upstreamed it. The ddxes are as safe as any x driver and are still included in distros.

Comment

The mach64 drm wasn't upstream for a while because it wasn't secure initially, but it was fixed a while ago and I believe Dave recently upstreamed it.
        Great, nice to hear that. Thanks for the answer

If DRI/DRM really works out of the box now, it would be cool to update this page:

Comment

Working...
        X