Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Voodoo Linux Graphics Driver Gets Updated

Phoronix: The Voodoo Linux Graphics Driver Gets Updated

In the event you are still using any 3Dfx Voodoo 1 or Voodoo 2 graphics cards, the X.Org Linux driver for them has been updated. No new features have been implemented for these outdated graphics cards, but the xf86-video-voodoo 1.2.1 driver just brings a couple of fixes to ensure the driver still works with the most recent X Server bits...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

hey how about merging mach64 back it it is about time

Comment

xf86-video-neomagic is also needing some updates. I get video corruption and other random things very often...

It also could use some xrandr 1.2, having so restart the X server to turn external VGA output off/on is a PITA.

Comment

Originally posted by cb88 View Post
        hey how about merging mach64 back it it is about time
        Yes, that would be very interesting! I also asked that a time ago, I have a notebook with that gpu here, I just need a PSU...
        But I will find one

Here is my post:

in this thread:

Would be great if a dev could confirm that there is happening something (or already happened, would be even better).
        Thank!

Comment

Working...
        X