need a card for dual 22" LCD's.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a card for dual 22" LCD's.

been lurking and searching and i haven't found a real answer to this. i'm building a new machine and i'd like to be able to run 2 monitors in 1680x1050 through DVI. needs to be able to play oblivion in windows. the rest is pretty much up to you guys. trying to spend $150 US or less.

$3,000 should buy you about 10 of the best!
    FIRST, check to make sure a tuner isn't already built-in to your PC's graphics card. Many Windows Media Center PC's already have them. RTFM or check the specs on the PC manufacturer's website.
    Last edited by cyberfriend; 07 May 2009, 04:50 AM.

Comment

I have a 9800gt and I drive two monitors through it just fine. Not much setup necessary, except the drivers. I think they go for about $100. If you don't need that much power a 9600gt should play oblivion fine too. I am sure someone will chime in about ati cards, but I haven't used one in around 3-4 years so I cant recommend one.

PS. you didn't mention if you were going to try and play games using the dual monitors. If that is the case you may want something a bit more powerful.

Comment

need a card for dual 22" LCD's.

The LCDs with WQXGA or QXGA resolution typically cost 4 to 5 times more for the same ... Only the IBM T221-DG5 and IDTech MD22292B5 support the use of dual-link DVI ... These DVI connectors can be from the same graphics card, ... Toshiba will be producing a new WQUXGA 22 inch monitor in the second quarter of 2008

Comment

Working...
        X