Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A bit of a tease and an Announcement. :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit of a tease and an Announcement. :)

Yes. That's the Indie game Caster running on one of my desktop machines.
    No, that isn't running under WINE (Even though it does well under it...).
    Yes. It's coming to Linux pretty soon now.

I've got a handful of things to work out that're not quite "right" with what I want and I'm pretty sure Mike wants on this, so it's not officially ready for beta testing. When it becomes available, there will be a very limited closed test run on it. An announcement will happen when it does go into beta.

When it comes available, it will be purchaseable and downloadable from Elecorn's site, just like the Windows and MacOS titles and at the same price. Subsequent episodes will be available to the purchasers and it's the same price for the whole thing. Installment 1 is out now. Installment 2 is in development along with the iPhone, Linux, and Pandora/Beagleboard versions right now.
    Last edited by Svartalf; 21 February 2009, 03:36 PM. Reason: Couldn't QUITE get the sizing on this right- had to use a scaled image...

Please make the installer human-friendly

Comment

Not required... I'm a terminal junky . But I never heard of that title. Looks like I need to educate myself a bit about that one.

Comment

Yes it is, it was part of the original announcement

Comment

Originally posted by Vadi View Post
          Please make the installer human-friendly
          Now, why would I do it any other way?

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
            Not required... I'm a terminal junky .
            Heh... I'll try to accommodate that as well...

But I never heard of that title. Looks like I need to educate myself a bit about that one.
            Heh... Well, looks like I need to put the link up to Elecorn's site here as well.

Caster's a 3rd person shooter.

Comment

Will there be any DRM in it?

Comment

Originally posted by RobbieAB View Post
                Will there be any DRM in it?
                Heh... Not that I'm currently aware of. The Windows and MacOS versions don't have it either.

Comment

Excellent, it goes on my purchase list than.

I've pretty much decided I'm not buying "uncertain" games if they have DRM, or don't have a Linux version.

Comment

I'll buy it

The game looks pretty cool. I'll definitely buy it, if not only to support your decision to develop for Linux.

Comment

Working...
                    X