Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix Test Suite 1.8.0 Selbu Alpha 1

Phoronix: Phoronix Test Suite 1.8.0 Selbu Alpha 1

With about a month having passed since the release of Phoronix Test Suite 1.6 "Tydal", the first alpha development release to its successor is now available. Phoronix Test Suite 1.8 "Selbu" will focus on a number of underlying improvements and further polishing from where Tydal was left off...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Thank you Phoronix! Really like this tool.

I wonder if any gui is planned in the future?

Comment

Originally posted by tball View Post
      Thank you Phoronix! Really like this tool.

I wonder if any gui is planned in the future?
      You're welcome.

Your needs should be addressed in Phoronix Test Suite 2.x
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        You're welcome.

Your needs should be addressed in Phoronix Test Suite 2.x
        Superb.. Sounds good.

Comment

I was curious, with various drivers getting better all the time (proprietary, gallium 3d + LLVM) and infrastructure improvements, will there come a point where there might be value in porting the test suite onto Win32/64?

I realize there is a risk of the information being used against us, but then again I'm curious to know how strong various areas are compared to the Windows stack and drivers, or perhaps how well Wine performs, all relative to the Native Linux environment.

Primarily I see value in any tool that identifies areas for improvement, or perhaps where our stack performs better (on comparible hardware). [also, would vendors like to leverage a solution that they could use with both their Windows and Linux driver development]

Comment

php pts-core/scripts/build-package-deb.php

still creates a deb with bad ver.

phoronix-test-suite_1.8.0a1_all.deb

1.8.0a1 is greater than 1.8.0 and would not update, change your script to create something like

1.8.0~a1

as version instead - that's lower.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
              php pts-core/scripts/build-package-deb.php

still creates a deb with bad ver.

phoronix-test-suite_1.8.0a1_all.deb

1.8.0a1 is greater than 1.8.0 and would not update, change your script to create something like

1.8.0~a1

as version instead - that's lower.
              Should be fixed in Git.
              Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by Craig73 View Post
                I was curious, with various drivers getting better all the time (proprietary, gallium 3d + LLVM) and infrastructure improvements, will there come a point where there might be value in porting the test suite onto Win32/64?

I realize there is a risk of the information being used against us, but then again I'm curious to know how strong various areas are compared to the Windows stack and drivers, or perhaps how well Wine performs, all relative to the Native Linux environment.

Primarily I see value in any tool that identifies areas for improvement, or perhaps where our stack performs better (on comparible hardware). [also, would vendors like to leverage a solution that they could use with both their Windows and Linux driver development]
                Adding in Windows support for the Phoronix Test Suite would likely require creating a new mini scripting language for PTS for abstracting some of the test profile installation/run commands into one that would be UNIX-like and Windows compatible. And then specifying the alternate Windows binary files to use, but that part is already supported on PTS since you can use different files on Linux, OpenSolaris, BSD, and Mac OS X systems. The only other step would be writing the code paths to support reading the hardware/software information.

I would not deny any patches that cleanly add any level of Windows support to Phoronix Test Suite. However, I personally would not begin working on any Windows support unless I found there to be corporate interest.
                Michael Larabel

Comment

Working...
                X