tv-out on RS690

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tv-out on RS690

hey, someone has any news about tv.out support on this chipset?

I think Dave and Alex got tvout working in radeon a month or so ago. Most of their testing was on 5xx parts IIRC but I *think* it should work on 690 as well. Last I saw was that NTSC was working pretty well but PAL was only outputting in black-and-white.
    Test signature

Comment

r6xx was working well, r5xx less so. I never got a chance to test rs690 or r7xx. Both PAL and NTSC should work on r6xx at least.

Comment

hi,
        I've just tried the last git version of radeon driver, and doesn't work.
        (black screen)

Here is xorg.conf and xorg log.

btw,
        bridgman,
        are you the one who posted in the airlied blog?
        can you paste your version of xorg.conf? it seems better than mine (you can see something at least.

Thanks!

Comment

kkkk, which entry in airlied's blog are you thinking about ? I don't remember posting there recently...
          Test signature

Comment

So we merged r500/r600 via atombios TV-out support, but we haven't enabled it by default. You need to add Option "ATOMTvOut" "true" to xorg.conf to enable it. We'll hopefully get to fix up some of the remaining corner cases and issues or enable it at least on a card by card basis.

last post

Comment

Nope, not me, sorry... I have a 3450 on my home system and a 1950 Pro at work BTW.
              Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
                r6xx was working well, r5xx less so. I never got a chance to test rs690 or r7xx. Both PAL and NTSC should work on r6xx at least.
                FWIW tv out doesn't work properly on my r5xx or r6xx.

I wonder if it's something to do with using an analogue monitor as well - there does seem to be some confusion between tv and monitor on r5xx for me. With tv out disabled but s-video connected I don't get a display on the monitor and get junk on tv. With tv enabled I get a green monitor display (not solid so it's useable) but still no tv.

On r600 it's slightly different, with tv connected monitor will work without tv enabled. With tv enabled both tv and monitor are green tinted.

I can almost workaround on r6xx as the vesa driver works OK. If I run vesa first then run radeon it works. It's not quite right @ 1024x768, though. With vesa I get the full screen displayed on tv, but radeon only clones 1024x576 ish (it was a while ago I tested).

Comment

Make sure you are using the 6.11 RC release (6.10.99). The tv-out stuff didn't get merged properly when 6.10.0 was released.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
                    Make sure you are using the 6.11 RC release (6.10.99). The tv-out stuff didn't get merged properly when 6.10.0 was released.
                    Last time I tried on R500 was git circa xmas, and R600 not much later.

I've just built from git master and it does seem to have changed. It doesn't work, but maybe there is some configuration issue I need to sort.

I tried activating DIN with xrandr but no luck, and I can't think what sort of monitor section/modes (if any) I would need.

I've tried with/without TVDACLoadDetect.

log -

Edit - Also tried ForceTVOut. It does make some modes show in xrandr, but none work and the refresh rates are ntsc (though my tv may be quite liberal in what it accepts on s-video anyway)

scart-pal also made no difference.
                    Last edited by legume; 18 February 2009, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X