Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improving Linux GPU Power Management

Phoronix: Improving Linux GPU Power Management

Red Hat's Matthew Garrett has actively been working on improving power management with graphics processors via the various open-source X.Org drivers. There is quite a lot of work involved, but at the FOSDEM X.Org meeting he shared an update on his progress...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That was pretty interesting. Makes me think twice about running gkrellm. I don't think I could live without it though. I've got very use to seeing what my system is actually doing. At least it's not triggering updates when the screen saver (black screen) is on.

Comment

Before I jepordize my hearing once again, can someone confirm that the video's sound isn't deadly (as the others are)?

Comment

Originally posted by mattst88 View Post
        Before I jepordize my hearing once again, can someone confirm that the video's sound isn't deadly (as the others are)?
        if you listen to the left channel only the audio is bearable, not really optimal unless due to global warming brussels is now a coastal town.

The video however .. perhaps there are slides somewhere.

I don't want to sound like a spoiled brat though

Comment

Working...
        X